Champions League Final: Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

maqroll

Who Will Win The Champions League Final?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final?

• Bayern Munich
    • Chelsea

Well I was cheering for Chelsea so I enjoyed that. Entertaining reading 14 pages of you lot moaning though :P

A mate of mine is claiming Drogba has played in 9 cup finals and scored in every one?!

Increadable stat if true!

played 9, scored in 8 (but has 9 goals) and was sent off in the one he didnt score in - the cl final against united

:bang:

Drama, drama. Loved Chelsea's win, as well as Pool's in 05 for that matter.

Best part of football for me, when people win in such dramatic fashion (of course, for people on the losing side it feels terrible). Doesn't always have to be the best team that wins, imo.

Spot on.

Though I personally was raging over the Liverpool game as a Milan fan, that kind of drama is great in football.

As for those saying they didn't deserve it. Think they may need to have a look at the '82 Final again Chelsea put the ball in the net more than Bayern. They deserved it.

Not being funny mate but they did not, they both scored 1 a piece in 90 mintues and extra time! At least when we rode our luck against Bayern we did in 90 minutes!!! Travesty for football in my opinion reminded me so much of Villa in the FA Cup Final in 2000 we basically parked the bus like Chelsea and lost 1-0 yet they got an underserved equaliser and took it to pens. Typical Krauts never lose on pens till when it matters!

Bunch of keyboard warriors saying that Chelsea didn't deserve to win, they rode their luck alot in their games but none of the teams were good enough to put them away, they were put out the most effective way to operate in the game/s and it has won them the top honor in Europe. I've watched us (Villa) put out in a much more negative fashion for 38 games this season, so if Chelsea 'deserve' to lose then we should rightfully be playing in the championship the coming season season yes? Absolute garbage. Hats off to Chelsea, fully deserved champions of Europe.

Poor Robben, that's three major finals he's been to and lost - the 2010 one when they lost to Inter, as well as WC 2010 where of course he missed a crucial chance, and now missing an all-important penalty on his second attempt for the European Cup.

That was one of the biggest bottle jobs in history. Munich were bloody awful. If you cant inspire yourself in cl final in your own stadium you should bow your head in shame.

cant agree they had nearly 30 corners and shots. were unlucky instead of calling them bottlers

Well I was cheering for Chelsea so I enjoyed that. Entertaining reading 14 pages of you lot moaning though :P

A mate of mine is claiming Drogba has played in 9 cup finals and scored in every one?!

Increadable stat if true!

Incredible player.. i'm actually really happy for him that he finally won the CL.

Can't help but think he will move on now, will be a huge miss for Chelsea and the Premier League overall.

chelsea were **** embarrassing and jammy. I accept Bayern had more than enough chances to win, but its utterly spawny and mostly depressing to think that people like ashley cole didier drogba and john subhuman cum terry are celebrating. Sad :(

Delighted Chelsea won. Just because Chelsea have won it doesn't mean our achievement in 1982 is any less brilliant.

Also, to all the people saying Chelsea were lucky etc... how is it any different from us in 82? We were battered for the whole game and still won. Infact, Bayern seem to have a habit of outplaying English teams and losing (us, Man U in 99 and last night!)

Well done Chelsea!

What must AVB be thinking. He must be gutted. The Chelsea players did not play for him. But these 2 big trophies that chelsea have won prove they are still good enough, and AVB was not good enough in his man management. AVB is to blame for that situation, not the players. The old guard have still got it.

The old guard have still got it.

Not so sure about that, particularly when it comes to Lampard. These days Chelsea just play more labouredly and less fluidly than they used to, they only managed to win the CL with dogged defending and large doses of luck. A few seasons ago Chelsea would have blown Bayern off the park but last night it was the other way round - examples like the CL final suggest to me that the likes of Lampard and Drogba, while still good players, are no longer the forces they used to be.

When I refer to the old guard, I also include Drogba, Cech, Terry. Drogba was amazing yesterday. Terry world class against Barca and Cech saved chelsea yesterday and was great.

The bottom line is Chelsea are the champions of Europe, however they did it. That proves they are still good enough.

Not being funny mate but they did not, they both scored 1 a piece in 90 mintues and extra time!

Chelsea scored 5 goals on the night. Bayern 4. Chelsea deserved to win it just as much as we did.

I'm very happy for Lampard. Think he gets a lot of unfair abuse and I'm not sure why.

Mario Gomez had the touch of a rapist last night, potentially a big game bottles now, i've failed to see him produce when it's mattered this season.

He is always like that, has a worse touch than Heskey or Collins but scores goals

Â