Champions League Final: Bayern Munich vs Chelsea

maqroll

Who Will Win The Champions League Final?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The Champions League Final?

• Bayern Munich
    • Chelsea

Not over do it and act like they were the main men. Even when the trophy was handed over, bosingwa was trying take it from terry and lamps.

The same Bosingwa who had to play out of his skin, out of position because Terry decided to get himself sent off in the semi-final?

And then actually played 120 minutes in the final?

Damn right he should have had more to do with the celebrations than Terry.

^^^^^ this precisely.

Cahill was subbed at 12 mins in the 2nd leg Barcelona game and Bosingwa came on for him.

In the first match he was also used, but not until the 88th minute, coming on for Ramires.

In the last two years the poor bloke has lost two Champions League finals, a World Cup final and the German Cup final.

and in nearly all the games he had chances to win them. Last night and World Cup final he missed great chances

Hard to say who the "most deserving" Chelsea player was. I'd have to say it would be the trio of Cech, Cashley and Drogba though. Cech saved three penalties, Cole was just excellent again and Drogba had one of his best ever games in a Chelsea shirt even if you disregard the goal he scored. His ball retention and willingness to track back was immense last night, and if you defend from the front then you have a very good chance of winning. John Terry's ability to make everything about John Terry is quite incredible though. If he wasnt such an horrible word removed I'd almost have to admire him.

Somewhat surprised to see me almost change my mind about Drogba last night. It was he who wrestled the cup from the clamouring likes of Bosingwa to first hand it to Abramovic and then RDM for them to celebrate when they were apparently happy to watch from the sidelines. Obviously does have a decent bone in his body after all!

In the last two years the poor bloke has lost two Champions League finals, a World Cup final and the German Cup final.

and in nearly all the games he had chances to win them. Last night and World Cup final he missed great chances

Difference between good and great

Somewhat surprised to see me almost change my mind about Drogba last night. It was he who wrestled the cup from the clamouring likes of Bosingwa to first hand it to Abramovic and then RDM for them to celebrate when they were apparently happy to watch from the sidelines. Obviously does have a decent bone in his body after all!

To be fair Drogba is supposed to be a really good guy. He does a huge amount of work for charity too.

Teryy wearing his full kit to get the trophy is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

He cant exactly go up there in his tracksuit or 3 piece can he. He would look out of place. In the future when you look back at the photos, it will look like he was not part of it, even though a played huge role in getting to the final in the first place. I agree the shin pads thing is ridiculous though - if it is actually true.

Exactly. It will look like he was part of it. But he wasn't.

It's like letting your mom spend all day cooking the Sunday dinner, and then turning up in a chef's uniform and carving the turkey.

Why couldn't he have gone up in his tracksuit? Or his suit?

He deserves to be part of the celebrations, of course he does. But it was so strange to see him fully kitted out as if he was pretending he'd played.

In 1999 Roy Keane was embarassed to even wear his medal after missing the final.

Hard to say who the "most deserving" Chelsea player was. I'd have to say it would be the trio of Cech, Cashley and Drogba though. Cech saved three penalties, Cole was just excellent again and Drogba had one of his best ever games in a Chelsea shirt even if you disregard the goal he scored.

(Still a fantastic achievement but) He only saved 2 didn't he? (third hit the post).

Sooo happy for Chelsea.

Never one to begrudge other fans a bit of enjoyment and losing a second CL final on penalties would have been heart-wrenching. Also a really nice way for Drogba to potentially sign off.

Well done Chelsea, you've done the Premier League proud.

Hard to say who the "most deserving" Chelsea player was. I'd have to say it would be the trio of Cech, Cashley and Drogba though. Cech saved three penalties, Cole was just excellent again and Drogba had one of his best ever games in a Chelsea shirt even if you disregard the goal he scored.

(Still a fantastic achievement but) He only saved 2 didn't he? (third hit the post).

He touched it onto the post.

Drogba also gains a massive amount of respect for leaving the celebrations to hug and try and console Robben. Very heart warming to see a pro take the time to look after a former team mate and fellow pro.

He touched it onto the post.

ah, didn't realise. 3 it is. He also go 2 hands on the first pen too, so close to saving that.

That would have been a brilliant save as well if he'd stopped that first one. Full stretch.

mJsAS.jpg

The daughter's school, today. The headmaster is a Chelsea fan (obviously)

Oh, and there was an interesting bit about Cech in The Guardian too:

Cech had seemed to fill the entire goal‑frame at times. "Neuer's a fantastic goalkeeper," Frank Lampard said, "but Petr Cech has re-announced himself as the best in the world."

Maybe the most prepared, too, because to listen to Cech was to realise the scale of planning and meticulous detail that meant he dived the right way for every one of the six penalties he faced. "I either guessed pretty well or I was ready to guess pretty well," Cech said, and the answer became clear when it transpired he had in his possession a two-hour DVD of every single penalty Bayern have taken since 2007. His analysis had been spot‑on.

The only player who really worried Cech was the one who put the ball on the spot, after Drogba's trip on Franck Ribéry, in extra time. "I didn't know what to do with Robben," Cech admitted. "Half the time he shoots to the right, half to the left. He even runs up the same way to the ball, whether he's shooting right or left. No pattern, whatsoever. But when you're tired, you've played in 104 or 105 minutes, players choose power rather than technique, rather than placing it. I thought he'd smash it somewhere near the corner and he's left-footed. If I'm left-footed, I thought: 'I'd go across goal' [to the right]. Which is why I went that way."

In the shootout Philipp Lahm and Mario Gomez had managed to squeeze the ball past Cech. Then it was Neuer's turn. "I wasn't expecting it," Cech said. "They have [Jorg] Butt, their other goalkeeper, who takes penalties. His technique is to slow down and wait for the goalkeeper to move, so I wondered if Neuer would do the same. That's why I didn't reach it. I waited and couldn't quite reach it."(full article)

Champions League - Cameron blasted for John Terry comment

Sun, 20 May 11:18:00 2012

British Prime Minister David Cameron was clearly delighted to see Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League final - but the penalty-shoot defeat left German Chancellor Angela Merkel stony-faced.

The White House released a picture from the Laurel Cabin at Camp David of the moment Chelsea secured victory with Barack Obama playing referee between the two leaders at the G8 summit.

Cameron, who is an Aston Villa fan, enjoyed the victory but did cause controversy earlier in the day when comments he made about Chelsea's suspended captain John Terry were picked up by microphones.

Talking before the final, Merkel said to Cameron: "Terry is not there" to which Cameron replied: "That’s good." Merkel then asked "Don't you like him?" to which Cameron replied: "He's said some bad things."

Terry was accused of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during the league match in October: a complaint was made against the Chelsea defender and he was charged with a racially-aggravated public order offence by the Crown Prosecution Service in February. He will stand trial on July 9 and vehemently denies the charge.

Labour MP Steve Rotheram, who is a member of the Commons sport select committee, criticised Cameron for his remarks.

"Somebody like David Cameron should know better. No matter what happens the trial has not taken place yet," he is quoted as saying in the Sunday Mirror.

"I would call it stupidity. He wants to be seen as one of the lads so he is talking about ordinary things that people in the pub talk about. But he can’t get away with it. His every utterance is picked up, He should have been much more circumspect.”

Downing Street did not deny the comment was made: "You have got what he said. It was at the start of a working session. Merkel made a comment and that was his reply. It speaks for itself. He said what he said."

The world leaders watched and discussed the match in between debating the eurozone debt crisis at the Group of Eight summit at the US President's Camp David retreat in Maryland.

Chelsea won on penalties after the match had finished 1-1.

Link

Not over do it and act like they were the main men. Even when the trophy was handed over, bosingwa was trying take it from terry and lamps.

The same Bosingwa who had to play out of his skin, out of position because Terry decided to get himself sent off in the semi-final?

And then actually played 120 minutes in the final?

Damn right he should have had more to do with the celebrations than Terry.

John Terry made more appearances than Jose Bosingwa in the Champions League this season.

Â