Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We play Celtic Tuesday night, if he's here that may tell you something

Depends if Lerners jet is at Glasgoe though :)

The games is at Norwich!! :crylaugh:

Give him a rousing reception and let him know how much you love him, and he can't leave you.......please!

Is OGS your choice trees?

I am prepared to back the next manager of our club.

I confess that I do not like the idea of Lambert, because he is too similar to MON, whose football, particularly at home, I did not like. This wasn't a reaction after the fact, I was a heavy critic of MON during his tenure.

Nobody jumps out at me, and OGS just seems to be a really progressive idea, so for that reason he is my choice.

I would definitely take him over 'flavour of the month' managers such as Lambert and Rodgers, and failed managers like AVB, simply because I think that he presents less of a risk.

The money is secondary, but it would be nice!

I would guess that winning some money on his appointment might have swayed it :D

:lol: It seems that way. If you had asked me on Thursday morning do I want a manager whose managerial experience ran to managing in a piss poor Norwegian league for a year to be manager of Aston Villa like most of us I'd have laughed at you and told you to **** off. Now I stand to win a nice few quid I have to say the idea has grown on me surprisingly quickly although still not clouded my judgement totally.

Was Solskjaer mentioned by even one supporter before Thursday I wonder

:detect:

I have not bet on anyone. I want the best man for the job. I happen to think that is Lambert by some considerable distance.

However I think that if we were to employ any of the names mentioned as contenders then they would ll deserve and receive backing, unlike obvious wrong choices of last year and the year before which were so wrong it was ridiculous to back them.

I hope Lerner backs whoever it is with sufficient money to turn the squad around.

One of the issues solskaer will face is he is currently getting so much goodwill and support he will find it hard to wining the expectations that come with that. With lambert there are no such expectations. They will both need large investment in this squad. I hope that whichever manager s appointed is aware of that and as received assurances on the budget. I would not want a manager who is just thrilled to be managing at this level that the board think they can do it on the cheap

Excellent post Richard. The board choosing a decent manager is only half the job. If we are to get any higher than lower to mid table, which can never be good enough for Aston Villa, then he'll need to be backed.

Good will and an air of positivity around the club will only last for so long if we were hovering around 10-15th.

I have not bet on anyone. I want the best man for the job. I happen to think that is Lambert by some considerable distance.

However I think that if we were to employ any of the names mentioned as contenders then they would ll deserve and receive backing, unlike obvious wrong choices of last year and the year before which were so wrong it was ridiculous to back them.

I hope Lerner backs whoever it is with sufficient money to turn the squad around.

One of the issues solskaer will face is he is currently getting so much goodwill and support he will find it hard to wining the expectations that come with that. With lambert there are no such expectations. They will both need large investment in this squad. I hope that whichever manager s appointed is aware of that and as received assurances on the budget. I would not want a manager who is just thrilled to be managing at this level that the board think they can do it on the cheap

The last three managers have received good backing, the first of the three incredible backing.

By your reckoning Richard, more expectation will be on Lambert than would be on OGS because he is the 'proven' manager. I sincerely believe that both Lambert and OGS would receive patience and goodwill from the support, but if things weren't going well, the patience with Lambert would likely run out earlier than with OGS.

You watch. Now we shall go and sign Bob Martin!

If you wanna play a better version of hoofball then lambert is your man... No wonder Grant Holt put in a transfer request. We'll end up flogging bent to liverpool and playing hoofball with Grant holt. Wouldnt be so bad... :D

Have you seen Norwich play the last couple of seasons? Lambert doesn't play hoof ball.

I was at Carrow Road last week where like for much of this season they played some nice stuff. 3000 of us Villa were suitably impressed and singing Lamberts name.

I wouldn't be against Lambert but if he becomes manager I really really hope he doesn't sign Grant Holt.
Me too. But then again, I was disgusted when Ron Saunders signed Peter Withe.

I wouldn't be against Lambert but if he becomes manager I really really hope he doesn't sign Grant Holt.

Yeah heaven forbid we should have two strikers who know where the back of the net is. Much rather we stuck with Gabby, he's fastish you know and supports Villa.

If you wanna play a better version of hoofball then lambert is your man... No wonder Grant Holt put in a transfer request. We'll end up flogging bent to liverpool and playing hoofball with Grant holt. Wouldnt be so bad... :D

Have you seen Norwich play the last couple of seasons? Lambert doesn't play hoof ball.

I was at Carrow Road last week where like for much of this season they played some nice stuff. 3000 of us Villa were suitably impressed and singing Lamberts name.

I have and it seems like they play a bit of it... not like AMC but still quite a bit. Similar to MON. Likes to have good players working around a target man...

Agree 100%.