Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

close the thread. Lambert not interested - the guardian

No quotes. In fact it's a woolly sentence shoed into an article about Liverpool.

They're guessing as much as the rest of us.

There werent any quotes of Anceloti \ Benitez rejecting us last year.

i suppose then you get into - how can he reject if we never approached.

be really surprised if hes coming now.

Hey guys i joined last year when i had some news on a transfer target but i didnt bother posting. That news was indeed correct and it involved yohan cabaye. Im a student studying sports journalism in london and i am lucky enough to have a continued work placement at talksport towers.

Randy Lerner willl have compensation wrapped up by friday and im 90% that come Monday lunchtime aston villa will present Paul Lambert as the new coach. Now unlike other appointments Randy will be in attendance in this presentation to show villa fans his commitment, and change in nature.

The downside is today a colleague of mine has personally spoke with quiche flores the former atletico madrid manager, who openly expressed an interest to paul faulkner. He was briefed that the new man will have

8 million plus 50% of player sale fees to invest in the squad.

transfer list 3 current players who have expressed an interest in leaving the club to the boardroom.

I guarantee this will come to fruition in the next few months. quiche flores has been rejected.

Nice story, but the mention of Talkshite immediately sends you plummeting down the credibility table.

thetrees, there are actually some decent sources at talksport. Shame that they report almost every rumour they hear. But they do receive info from well respected journos, the type you see on a sunday sports show on sky

Hey guys i joined last year when i had some news on a transfer target but i didnt bother posting. That news was indeed correct and it involved yohan cabaye. Im a student studying sports journalism in london and i am lucky enough to have a continued work placement at talksport towers.

Randy Lerner willl have compensation wrapped up by friday and im 90% that come Monday lunchtime aston villa will present Paul Lambert as the new coach. Now unlike other appointments Randy will be in attendance in this presentation to show villa fans his commitment, and change in nature.

The downside is today a colleague of mine has personally spoke with quiche flores the former atletico madrid manager, who openly expressed an interest to paul faulkner. He was briefed that the new man will have

transfer list 3 current players who have expressed an interest in leaving the club to the boardroom.

I guarantee this will come to fruition in the next few months. quiche flores has been rejected.

Ok interesting post with some good juicy rumour mongering.

But then 5 mins later...

Smetrov lambert is the top target and as of tonight knowone knows his motive as the club havent officialy apporached him yet.

Which is it. He is guaranteed to be manager on monday or he hasnt been approached yet?

He has not been approached yet. This will happen tommorow. But Lerner wants him and will pay compensation. This is why im 90% sure as he sees him as the prime target and will approach. But of course the doubt is the fact maybe lambert is comfortable at norwich. I have no idea on that. Lerner wants it wrapped up and will be at the press conference, when the man is appointed. Just watch ssn on friday.

If this is true which I doubt, then 8m plus half the revenue from player sales will mean us relegated next season. We will need treble the 8m plus all revenue from player sales to finished in the top half. Our present squad is that bereft of quality!

Smetrov lambert is the top target and as of tonight knowone knows his motive as the club havent officialy apporached him yet.

Not convinced.

I certainly don't see Lerner and Faulkner nailing a contracted manager by monday lunchtime.

I don't think we are in for him. I just couldn't see faulkner working with him

Ok interesting post with some good juicy rumour mongering.

But then 5 mins later...

Which is it. He is guaranteed to be manager on monday or he hasnt been approached yet?

Dude I smell something.

128871654663195036.jpg

tumblr_lwbd3mju1P1qh5d8ko1_500.jpg

8m? Plus half player sales?

So that makes what 10m?

I mean who could we sell? Apart from DB of course for any real money as the rest have already been sold!

Heskey, Cuellar gone for nothing anyhow so what player sales exactly? I struggle to see any more than 6 - 8m for any of our current squad except DB.

So yeah.. Relegation fodder if thats the case.

A good manager could spend nothing and get this current squad top 10. Not advocating spending nothing but a properly organised defence, well-drilled set pieces, players played in the correct position and a fit Darren Bent would get us another 10-12 points over the course of a season.