Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Agreed, I'm concerned about this too but I'm quite confident that at least we'll go out there to try to win these games and we'll definitely be more exciting.

A part of me worries that we may have resorted back to familiar territory in terms of an approach and tactics and that we missed an opportunity what with players already having been let go and the wage bill being a bit more manageable, it might have been a really good time right now to bring in a manager who changes our style into something more attacking and possession-based.

I'm not having a go at Lambert before he's started, I'm happy we have him. But I'm still just a little concerned, especially since Swansea seem to be close to appointing Michael Laudrup who I was quite keen on for us.

I'll back Lambert though and time will tell.

I feel the same way too. I'm not expecting us to go to extremes and start trying to emulate Barcelona but we do need a drastic change in strategy at the club.

Lambert's a very good manager and I have no doubt that he won't get us top 8-10 eventually but will he do it using the same methods as MON? As I keep on saying, we need two things:

a) Change in style of play and start using the ball more. We don't have to be like Swansea but we're so poor at passing and moving that it's embarrassing.

B) Scout abroad as well at home. Not as important as changing our style of play but still vital.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs vacancy coming up soon, oh dear.
I can see how you could be worried, I mean Hughton did used to play for them and is a young well thought of manager who may be looking for a much bigger club, but surely he hasn't had enough of Mcnasty yet to shit on you?

I hope so. I want to see attacking football but what I really don't want to see is counter-attacking football, or rather pure counter-attacking like what we had under MON. Counter-attacking can be useful in certain games but having it as your plan A is not a good idea at all. I want us to take the game to other teams and be the ones on the front foot for the most of the game.

Even now our team is clearly built around counter attacking. That's all we can really do with any competence. I'm just sick of seeing us on the back foot for the majority of the time in most of our games. Even under MON when the squad was very good and we were finishing top 6 we still spent most of the time defending desperately and letting teams come at us.

Yeah, I agree with this. It was something that frustrated the hell out of me under MON.

Particularly the home games against the 'lesser' sides, where their game plan is also to sit back and hit on the break.

I can see how you could be worried, I mean Hughton did used to play for them and is a young well thought of manager who may be looking for a much bigger club, but surely he hasn't had enough of Mcnasty yet to shit on you?

:hooray:

Well no doubt they're an honourable club, so compo would be paid without the need of a tribunal. 8)

Well no doubt they're an honourable club, so compo would be paid without the need of a tribunal. 8)

When is the Tribunal date set for?

I have not heard a peep from Norwich about reporting Villa or a tribunal.....which leads me to think that Norwich **** up with not allowing Lambert to speak to us. And Norwich know it.

If we had **** up, you would have thought Norwich would be screaming blue murder, contacted the Premier League etc etc...

Silence is golden..............

Seems like McNasty is actually McNaive :!: