Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PF: "Yes, there is (money available). We now have to get to work and bring some people in and some players will be moved on"

That's perhaps the most interesting quote of the PC. I'd have expected PL and PF to be a bit more cagey or phrase it differently, but now we know: There's people coming in as well as going out.

Don't expect him to be holding scarf/shirt outside due to the weather

:( Hope they do that picture in the stand then.

I hope so too, I can either see it being done there, or at BMH on a nicer day :)

Don't expect him to be holding scarf/shirt outside due to the weather

:( Hope they do that picture in the stand then.

I hope so too, I can either see it being done there, or at BMH on a nicer day :)

haha I want it for a Fb picture and for a forum Sig lol :P

PF: "Yes, there is (money available). We now have to get to work and bring some people in and some players will be moved on"

best part of the press conference.

That was quite a big statement - there was no 'we'll have a good look at the squad and see what's what' - he has a clear idea of what he wants to do right now. Reckon Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Hutton will have perked up there.

I wonder if RL & PF have suggested to Lambert that they want those guys out.

I like the wording of: "Some players will be moved on".

Not: "We will assess the squad, everybody starts with a clean sheet", or anything like that. Good.

Culverhouse is essential to the atmosphere at training evidently, PL says that the players really enjoy working with him. I'm 100% certain that IC will join PL.

Hughton will be bringing in his own staff (confirmed by Twattum) so Villa probably waiting for Norwich to sack them or offer them to Villa at a reduced rate.

Collymore is hoping to get a word with Lambert on Talksh!te if anyone's interested.

One problem will be finding someone stupid enough to take them off our hands considering the wages they're on.

i think i know just the man :lol:

And that man should be duty bound to take them. Pack your bags boys, its off to the North East for you. :lol:

I like the wording of: "Some players will be moved on".

Not: "We will assess the squad, everybody starts with a clean sheet", or anything like that. Good.

Yes definitely. I think the board are determined to make changes to the squad, they probably know of a few players that need to go and have made Lambert aware of it. He probably agrees cos most of our players are shite anyway. :D

Lots of positives from the pc for me.

Also good to hear that MON was very complimentary about the club, especially considering the grief he has had since leaving