Who is enjoying this? I am.

Morkery

I've supported Villa for nearly thirty years (My life minus toddler years)

I've been on my seat cheering at the good times (Tranmere victory, Inter Milan, Leeds and Manc cup finals) and worried beyond belief at the bad times - doing the relegation fixture permutations the sale of our best players at the worst moments.

But I'm guilty! Guilty of enjoying this. Randy pulling the plug has left me disenchanted, we have gone from being nearly title-challengers to chumps and frankly it is funny.

I thought we'd be the epitome of average. But no, we are losers, bottlers and jokers.

I watched the game last night and I secretly wanted them to beat us.

I want Randy (Actually the General) to hold his hand up and say "I **** up"

I'll happily watch us in the Championship and would enjoy visiting the so called shit grounds.

I'll happily watch us in the Championship and would enjoy visiting the so called shit grounds.

This x1000. Be nice to have a change.

raised-hand.jpg

Yep. Cheaper tickets, more games, more saturday matches, different grounds, more chance of winning games.

What's not to like. :mrgreen:

I've supported Villa for nearly thirty years (My life minus toddler years)

I've been on my seat cheering at the good times (Tranmere victory, Inter Milan, Leeds and Manc cup finals) and worried beyond belief at the bad times - doing the relegation fixture permutations the sale of our best players at the worst moments.

But I'm guilty! Guilty of enjoying this. Randy pulling the plug has left me disenchanted, we have gone from being nearly title-challengers to chumps and frankly it is funny.

I thought we'd be the epitome of average. But no, we are losers, bottlers and jokers.

I watched the game last night and I secretly wanted them to beat us.

I want Randy (Actually the General) to hold his hand up and say "I **** up"

Not an entirely pointless statement. I'm mature enough now to feel passionate about football and care about Villa immensely, but also balance it against what is really important in life. Football is after all just a game. And, yes, I never wanted us to lose but I can appreciate the comical elements of this. I call it gallows humour.

The very fact that two men (Randy and Faulkner) can have so little grip on reality as to employ someone who has a history of relegating teams. What was blindingly obvious to anyone who has a small amount of knowledge about football has come home to roost.

It is funny. It is funny how we were all on here yesterday hoping that Mark Bleeding Davies failed his fitness test and was unable to play.

It is catastrophical, comical and sad in equal measure

This x1000. Be nice to have a change.

Yep. Cheaper tickets, more games, more saturday matches, different grounds, more chance of winning games.

What's not to like. :mrgreen:

Never coming back up?

I wouldnt say I am enjoying it, and if you seriously wanted the club to lose yesterday, your probably not really a Villa fan. But this is more exciting then being stuck where Stoke or Swansea are, with no excitement and nothing to play for. I want survival though.

I can't believe what I'm hearing, you all sound like alex McLeish. No fight,no spirit and already admitting defeat before anything has begun. Why would any of you want us to go into the championship, it means we will go into effect even more debt.. We could end up like Portsmouth. liquidation .

I've been a Villa fan for 20 years now - and no matter what I think of Randy, Faulkner & McCleish - Last night's result and the prospect of going down left me gutted!!

Whilst it could be a chance to rebuild (and do a Newcastle) it could also be a chance to do a Leeds, Southampton, Sheffield United, Coventry, Notts Forrest.....the list goes on!

Relegation is so much bigger than them three tools, they'll walk away with their millions (granted Randy's will be a little lighter now) but Villa will still be there!(hopefully!!)

I'm really not looking for a fight here, or telling you you're wrong - we're all allowed our own opinions, and at the end of the day we're all in this together no matter what league we're in. But being that I've put my heart, soul and hard earned cash into supporting and loving this club over the years I will say that Championship football will NEVER be enough for me, this club should be so much bigger than that!

I've been a Villa fan for 20 years now - and no matter what I think of Randy, Faulkner & McCleish - Last night's result and the prospect of going down left me gutted!!

Whilst it could be a chance to rebuild (and do a Newcastle) it could also be a chance to do a Leeds, Southampton, Sheffield United, Coventry, Notts Forrest.....the list goes on!

Relegation is so much bigger than them three tools, they'll walk away with their millions (granted Randy's will be a little lighter now) but Villa will still be there!(hopefully!!)

I'm really not looking for a fight here, or telling you you're wrong - we're all allowed our own opinions, and at the end of the day we're all in this together no matter what league we're in. But being that I've put my heart, soul and hard earned cash into supporting and loving this club over the years I will say that Championship football will NEVER be enough for me, this club should be so much bigger than that!

'Enjoying' is probably the wrong world. It's laugh or cry I guess. If it was any other team it would be hilarious. What was patently obvious when we hired this clown back in June is turning into reality (albeit on a larger scale).

I couldn't be at the game yesterday but the fact that at half time I checked my phone and was happy with the 0-0 score line says it all.

We're going nowhere. Why not prepare ourselves for a few championship road trips!?

Just what we need at the moment.

A thread full of unbelievably silly nonsense. (diddymonster666 excepted - crazy username BTW!)

Relegation would be a complete disaster for Villa. It could take us years to recover - the best way we can repair the club is to get back to winning ways and bigger crowds in the Premier League. Lerner can do all the mea culpa/sack McLeish stuff while we stay up. Our financial position is already dire and would worsen massively if we went down a league.

If there are people who are relishing watching Championship football, I don't know why you haven't **** off a long time ago to watch Coventry every week.

Cant believe that some people are "enjoying" this or are even looking forward to the Championship? I could give you loads of reasons but here is just four

Millwall, Peterborough, Watford and f.ucking Barnsley!

I guess its the thing about being able to laugh at yourself.

Football is about the highs and lows. We are a joke at the moment.

We have a choice I believe. We stay up, Mcleish stays. We get relegated, Mcleish may go.

I'd rather get relegated than have him charge. Football is football. We'll survive.

At least it is something to get worked up about!

Enjoying? No

Accepting? Yes

The inevitability of it all has just left me shaking my head in wonder at the stupidity of our board, i'm not feeling angry or upset as I knew this would come to pass the moment McLeish was hired. Employ a man known for shit football and relegation and you get shit football and relegation.

I do know though that if it were another team of similar size to us, say Everton, that had made the bizarre decisions that our board have and were staring relegation in the face I would find it hilarious.

last night sunk in how little i will probably be affected if we go down. If was maybe 8-10 years ago id be in a massive sulk.

My overall enjoyment of football in last few years connected with poor football, overpaid primadonnas, Sky hype and cheating

I'd accepted that we'd be relegated next season so McLeish looks like doing this ahead of schedule. For a Villa fan to say they are enjoying our current predicament is quite frankly absurd. Are you people serious? I wonder if you'll still be enjoying it if our neighbours get promoted.

Â