Who is enjoying this? I am.

Morkery

Just what we need at the moment.

A thread full of unbelievably silly nonsense. (diddymonster666 excepted - crazy username BTW!)

Relegation would be a complete disaster for Villa. It could take us years to recover - the best way we can repair the club is to get back to winning ways and bigger crowds in the Premier League. Lerner can do all the mea culpa/sack McLeish stuff while we stay up. Our financial position is already dire and would worsen massively if we went down a league.

If there are people who are relishing watching Championship football, I don't know why you haven't **** off a long time ago to watch Coventry every week.

Silly nonsense? I would go beyond that and suggest that what we see here is classic loser mentality. Nine points left to play for and we need every Villa fan that cares about the club to get behind the club. Those that want to follow Championship teams or watch Barcelona v Chelsea should do us all a favour and follow another club because they bring absolutely nothing to Villa other than help drag our great club down.

When times get tough you learn a lot about the character of folk, who are the winners, who are the losers, who are those you want by your side in battle and so on. Bedwetters please stay away from Villa now and the foreseeable future would be my earnest suggestion - go follow Man Utd, Coventry, Leeds Utd, Barcelona, Chelsea...follow the club that provides the thrill you need that Villa so clearly doesn't.

Leave the rest of us to lift our great club back to where it should be.

And how do you suggest we lift our great club back to where it should be?

I don't think I have a loser mentality, although I'll leave for others to decide.

Its not giving up on the league. It's more giving up hoping that our club is run by people with good intentions and players that actually want to bust a gut playing for the team.

I can stomach our club being run within its means (Actually, I'd prefer it)

But to come in with all the hype promise of a 'bright future' and then to pull the plug with no real explanation to me stinks of no real passion.

And I'd like passion from the chairman, manager and players.

To hire somebody like Mcleish was an incredible decision and perhaps there would be a certain small satisfaction in knowing that it will hurt Randy in a small way.

I also do not believe the club with regard to Mr O'Neills departure

Those that want to follow Championship teams or watch Barcelona v Chelsea should do us all a favour and follow another club because they bring absolutely nothing to Villa other than help drag our great club down.
I think you are missing the point.

What if the statement was in the form: "Those that only want to follow the Villa when they are doing well in the top flight should do us all a favour and follow another club (etc.)"?

The other way of looking at it is that a proper fan sticks with their club even in the bad times. I did it in the old Third Division, and also in the years of winning the league and European Cup. It was still the Villa in each case.

Obviously I don't want us to be relegated, but if we are, we are. And TBH, the Premier League stinks anyway.

EDIT: (a bit more...) Many fans on here have only ever experienced Villa in the top flight, so the experience of relegation is beyond their imagination. Well, it hurts, no doubt about that. But in a weird sort of way, it's good for the soul of a supporter - it sorts out the fair-weather fans from the loyalists. If we go down, let's see who's still here on VT next season.

I agree. I decided we'd be going down a few weeks ago, I decided I wasn't actually bothered by the thought. I decided I'd still go - it would be the third time I'd have watched us in the lower leagues, and from hazy memories, it was fine. Fun even. Yes there's the gnawing desire to get "back" and the angst and all that, but it does re-purpose the club.

Villa right now seems to have no purpose, or aim. I don't know what it's for - it's not bringing any Villa fans any joy, it's doing nothing other than fulfilling contractual obligations to complete fixtures, it seems.

And if we somehow do stay up, then that'll be for me a nice surprise, and hopefully Randy and Co. will get a decisive grip and sort out the areas where they've been going wrong.

Happy win win situation, then :)

I'll happily watch us in the Championship and would enjoy visiting the so called shit grounds.

This x1000. Be nice to have a change.

raised-hand.jpg

Yep. Cheaper tickets, more games, more saturday matches, different grounds, more chance of winning games.

What's not to like. :mrgreen:

Few misconceptions of the championship here.

"Different grounds." Yep, that will Wolves, Blackburn, Charlton, Sheffield Utd, Leicester, Derby, Middlesboro, Watford, SHA, Blackpool etc. all teams we've played in the last 6 years.

More Saturday games...well the championship has 46 games so that means having to cram in more midweek games than in the prem.

As for more Saturday 3pm games, you only have to look at how many West Ham games this season have been on Sky/BBC this season and Newcastle the year before to realise as the big fish done there a lot of our fixtures would be shifted.

More chance of winning games. Well yeah you'd like to think so but if you're fcuked financially like Pompey you'll struggle to do that.

All those happy to go down for various reasons stated are talking out of your arse, and you know it. There are no positives at all. Those few weeks when match of the day is on, and there is no mention of villa, thats when it will sink in.

In fairness unless you have experienced it its pretty hard to express how it is.

From experience it hurts like hell but come the season you'll realise it aint that different just the qualities are a little lower.

You may even find that u enjoy it and some of the experiences it has to offer. i know i did. and no i dont want it to happen

All those happy to go down for various reasons stated are talking out of your arse, and you know it. There are no positives at all. Those few weeks when match of the day is on, and there is no mention of villa, thats when it will sink in.

That's a good point. We take the saturated coverage of games in the premier league for granted but go down to the championship and that will disappear.

They'll be no venturing down the local to watch pretty much every away game unless it's on Sky. Internet streams, forget it.

Midweek games will be reduced to highlights on the bbc website and the goals on local news.

I think this whole situation, and the downward spiral we've now been on for the past 2.5 years has slowly driven a lot of our fans insane, I really do. I know it has certainly stretched my mental capacity at times.

But fans saying they secretly want to lose?

Saying it would be good to tick off new grounds?

Saying they are resigned "to a few years" in the Championship?

What total and utter bollocks. I can't believe I'm reading these comments from fans of this once great Club. How low Aston Villa have sunk in such a short time. And these are the fans I'd suggest our turbulant times have got the better of - because it is just illogical, defeatist and downright stupid talk to say such things.

We are as vulnerable as the next football club in the modern day era. We have no god given right to go down and come back up again. Relegation would be an absolute disaster, in all likelihood. This season, above all others, has shown how massive football clubs (Rangers FC) can quite easily face complete extinction. This is why we should be, as supporters, doing everything we can to make sure we remain in England's top flight. So many years in the top flight has clearly made some people take the Premier League for granted but, trust me, when you're attending Barnsley at home on a cold Tuesday night, with 25,000 max Villa in attendance, you'll soon be wishing we had one of the Sky Four to play the following weekend.

We may have forgotton this, thanks to our manager, but football is about winning. Football is about being in the Premier League and that's where we need to stay otherwise we may never come back. "Be careful what you wish for" is a phrase which needs to ring true with certain people and I'm sure fans of many Football League clubs would tell some of us to give our heads a wobble if we somehow think relegation from the PL is a good thing.

What if relegation ultimately lands us in the same situation as Portsmouth and we eventually go bust? Then you won't have ANY games to 'tick off'.

I just want to shake some Villa fans and shout: "wake the **** up!"

Â