• N'Zogbia
    • Albrighton
    • Herd
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Hutton (for Collins 43)
    • Heskey (for Agbonlahor 48)
    • Bannan (for N'Zogbia 81)

Lots of positives in that performance for me today - we were much the better side throughout and with the chances we created should have won by a couple of goals. It's not often you get to say that.

Positives for me were Baker who looks like he's settling in and playing well, Lichaj who looks a better left back than I'd ever have thought, Ireland and Herd who seem to work pretty well together and Gabby looking brighter that he has for a while before he went off.

Weimann could have had a hat trick and should have done better with a couple of his chances but I think you can forgive him for his work rate.

We've picked up another couple of injuries and we've not won so overall it's a disappointing end to things, but this season, under this manager, playing well and being frustrated feels like a cup win.

I loved the 'Martin, you're a clearing in the woods. Martin, Martin, you're a clearing in the woods.' followed by a pause followed by 'Alex, you're a clearing in the woods. Alex, Alex, you're a clearing in the woods.' A touching moment and it'll give them something to talk about in the bar afterwards.

That song sounds better without the word filter by the way.

Much the better side throughout? Really? I don't agree with your assesment of the game at all. Sunderland had the clear cut chances and could quite easily have had their 'goal' stand as the decision looked dubious at best.

We could have played until Christmas and not scored. Sunderland were clearly a side flagging and out of form today, yet on the balance of play and from the chances created they should have won if anyone. I don't think we looked like we should have won by a couple of goals at all, I really don't.

We battled well at times and did some good things defensively, but attacking wise we look completely and utterly clueless and yet again the game throws up more questions and uncertainty than answers.

We now go into a must-win game against Bolton, which will be played in a half empty stadium, against a team battling for every result. A team who have already beaten us at Villa Park this season with their B-team. Half of our players look like they are going through the motions and we have a rudderless ship, squeaky bum time? Most definitely.

heres my take.. baker was my mom, threw in at the deep end in a poor side,won everything in the air,decent on the deck,position play is very good..now the rest of the team..given : did his job, hutton: simply not good enough (again), carlos: steady, collins: decent, marc: looks like he trying to hard, herd: steady but never creates anything, ireland: missing/void, gabby:started well then injured, zog: frustrating,over trying/playing, weimann,did well,looked like he got a bit in his game. heskey: waste of time,brings nothing to the party,goes through the motions,crap! , bannan: gave the ball away,carnt create,his effort over the bar summed him up. the team over all looks disjointed, i think the youth players are trying but looks like its too much for them.

A very mixed game that could have gone either way. I had to smile as MON was interviewed on Five Live as we drove home from VP. One eyed to say the least.

Conveniently glossed over a potential penalty for their keeper bringing down Weimann, the hand ball outside the area by their keeper which could have been a red card. John (I am good cos I played for Man U) O'Shea's cynical push on Lichaj which could also have been a red card

The positives for me were:

Lichaj - MotM by a mile, we have a great full back in him.

Baker - just gets better and better, very impressed.

Herd - another gem in the making.

Weimann - never stopped running and worked really well with Heskey. Let down by his finishing.

Collins - imperious until injured. Has stepped up to the plate.

Heskey - surprising good, Weimann worked well off him and I have to say 100% commitment.

Negatives:

Albrighton - terrible corners and crosses. Great commitment but a very poor end product.

Bannan - drinking in the last chance saloon for me. He is going backwards. I would much rather have seen Caruthers come on.

Hutton - beaten for pace again and again.

So so:

Given - little to do.

Cuellar - a much better CB but awful positional sense at RB.

Ireland - loved the tackling back and the runs forward but held onto the ball too long.

N'Zogbia - better game but ran into too many blind alleys.

Gabby - clearly up for the game but ineffective overall.

Just about happy with a point but a typical McLeish negative fest killed it for me. Properly organised there were three points for the taking. Had to smile when the "Martin, Martin you're a clearing in the woods" chanting morphed in to "Alex, Alex you're a clearing in the woods" So, so deserved IMO.

Overall another point towards safety but not much else.

Laughed when Gardner got sent off but fair play to the lad he was wearing a Stan teeshirt and made a point of showing it, so respect there.

As for MON, I hate him for what he did to us but I'd have him back in a heart beat compared to the useless fool we choose to call our manager.

Herd man of the match. Lichaj and Weimann also really good. I love the way Ireland gets stuck in now too, shame he is playing in a crap side.

Hats off to Collins, I always said he was the weak link in his partnership with Dunne but recently it has looked like I was wrong. Baker is coming on well.

Albrighton and Nzogbia were poor, they couldve hit crosses all day without hitting a telling one.

It's sad when we have to celebrate Craig gardner getting sent off like a goal. Didn't realise at the game that he was wearing a Support Stan top, fair play to him for that.

Moment of the match for me was the 'Martin you're a tw@t, Martin Martin you're a tw@t', swiftly followed by 'Alex you're a tw@t, Alex Alex you're a tw@t'.

Thank **** for Fulham coming back against Wigan, other results went woefully for us today. Bolton will be fired up on Tuesday and I can't see us winning :(

Also one last thing, Heskey was really good when he came on, linked up with Weimann really well, would consider starting Ivanhoe over gabby on tuesday!! Never thought I'd be saying that!!

A very mixed game that could have gone either way. I had to smile as MON was interviewed on Five Live as we drove home from VP. One eyed to say the least.

Conveniently glossed over a potential penalty for their keeper bringing down Weimann, the hand ball outside the area by their keeper which could have been a red card. John (I am good cos I played for Man U) O'Shea's cynical push on Lichaj which could also have been a red card

The positives for me were:

Lichaj - MotM by a mile, we have a great full back in him.

Baker - just gets better and better, very impressed.

Herd - another gem in the making.

Weimann - never stopped running and worked really well with Heskey. Let down by his finishing.

Collins - imperious until injured. Has stepped up to the plate.

Heskey - surprising good, Weimann worked well off him and I have to say 100% commitment.

Negatives:

Albrighton - terrible corners and crosses. Great commitment but a very poor end product.

Bannan - drinking in the last chance saloon for me. He is going backwards. I would much rather have seen Caruthers come on.

Hutton - beaten for pace again and again.

So so:

Given - little to do.

Cuellar - a much better CB but awful positional sense at RB.

Ireland - loved the tackling back and the runs forward but held onto the ball too long.

N'Zogbia - better game but ran into too many blind alleys.

Gabby - clearly up for the game but ineffective overall.

Just about happy with a point but a typical McLeish negative fest killed it for me. Properly organised there were three points for the taking. Had to smile when the "Martin, Martin you're a clearing in the woods" chanting morphed in to "Alex, Alex you're a clearing in the woods" So, so deserved IMO.

Overall another point towards safety but not much else.

Laughed when Gardner got sent off but fair play to the lad he was wearing a Stan teeshirt and made a point of showing it, so respect there.

As for MON, I hate him for what he did to us but I'd have him back in a heart beat compared to the useless fool we choose to call our manager.

i would upgrade ireland to 'positives' and downgrade n'zog to 'negatives' but aside from that pretty spot on here - particularly regarding bannan

Bit harsh on the wingers. Couple of the crosses would have heen Benty two yard tap ins. Gabby is not a centre foward to get on the end of crosses.

Herd is looking good, again. Ireland had about 6 interceptions and read the game well. Weiman actually has half a brain and can read flick ons. Lichaj getting better as is Baker.

I think Collins is a huge loss.

And ffs BANNAN IS NEVER EVER GOING TO BE A BLOODY WINGER. Why wasn't Carruthers given a bash??!!

Hopeless substitutions (again) which compounds the belief the manager is the wrong man.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz utter garbage.

If I'm being generous then some of them tried but ultimately none of them are very good.

I like some of the youngsters coming through Weiman, Lichaj, Baker and Herd but honestly the dross "experienced" players (bar Ireland) are unable to help them.

As for Bannan and Albrighton we either need to sell or they have to take a back step and try again at a later date as they are clearly not up to it but we have seen glimpses last season and early this that they might still have a chance.

We better get used to it as

A, The crowd did NOTHING again to show their disgust toward Mcleish so apart from the forums venom nothing else tells the club that McLeish is not wanted. And don't give me the crap about season tickets being really low as most will still renew.

B, The salary cap of 40k per wk although massive is peanuts for today's players, we will just get some Scottish nobodies and get ready for an influx of foreign players. Most of whom we will be say WHO?

C. Well sorry there is no C just more of the same Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz utter garbage.

If I'm being generous then some of them tried but ultimately none of them are very good.

I like some of the youngsters coming through Weiman, Lichaj, Baker and Herd but honestly the dross "experienced" players (bar Ireland) are unable to help them.

As for Bannan and Albrighton we either need to sell or they have to take a back step and try again at a later date as they are clearly not up to it but we have seen glimpses last season and early this that they might still have a chance.

We better get used to it as

A, The crowd did NOTHING again to show their disgust toward Mcleish so apart from the forums venom nothing else tells the club that McLeish is not wanted. And don't give me the crap about season tickets being really low as most will still renew.

B, The salary cap of 40k per wk although massive is peanuts for today's players, we will just get some Scottish nobodies and get ready for an influx of foreign players. Most of whom we will be say WHO?

C. Well sorry there is no C just more of the same Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

After the chants at MON turned to AM it was short lived and it seemed to me that the crew at the back of the Holte Upper purposly sang over anti Mcleish songs. Some guys behind us starting a loud singing "The villa is ours, f--k off Mcleish the villa is ours" and nobody joined in!

I am starting to wonder if people actually want him sacked because its the one arena to makr this know and the chance was yet again ignored

We finally got a ref's decision and we needed it with other results going against us.

Massive game against Bolton and watching Bolton on the MOTD highlights, if we don't beat them with their defence, then we absolutely deserve to go down.

What salary cap?

Okay I'm only saying what has been reported, that Mclueless can spend money but the wages paid have to be kept below 40k per wk.

I understand that the reports could be bs but I have read that several times recently.

As I said this is fantastic money to the average working person FFS I work a whole year for 50k but to the type of footballers that get you in the top half of the league this is peanuts.

Sorry to go off topic.

What can I say ? Pathetic comes to mind. I have seen better football down the park on a sunday.But, I must clarify myself.The team is near enough to the one we had last year so it MUST come down to McIdiot.

Sack him now before it is too late.

Â