Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I think it is very important that we push up the table, with the new tv deals this summer and a lot of money, we will want the club to climb as high as possible this season. The higher we get this year, the easier it will be getting in quality players in the summer window. Every footballer will want to join clubs that are pushing for european football and glory, or has the potential to do so. So either we sign a few more players or not, we need to get some back to back wins. Also the more quality we get in the squad this transfer window, the higher is the possibility of class players will come to us in the summer. As all proffessional players will want to train, play with and compete with the best and in that way better themselves.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance.

Codswallop.

Why no chance?

Of course there's a chance.

To all those saying they can't see us signing anyone because there haven't been any rumours in the last few days, have you been living in a cave? I've seen us linked with plenty of players. Just because they're not splashed across the backpage of every rag it doesn't mean they're all false. How well reported was the Carew Baros swap? Not very IIRC. And that's just one from recent memory.

I'm not confident, but either way this window has exceeded my expectations.

Adu would be a good signing as he would provide cover for barry, and could also play on the left of a front three. Business wise it would also make good sense, as it would give us a further break into the US market.

I reckon we could get him on loan as they're in their close season.

Martin wouldn't be bothering to delay his going up to Newcastle if a few things wern't in the offing. I reckon we're trying to sort out deals for at least 2 players, possibly 3, though we will probably only be succesful with one.

We shall see, I have to say it sounds hopeful though.

Martin wouldn't be bothering to delay his going up to Newcastle if a few things wern't in the offing. I reckon we're trying to sort out deals for at least 2 players, possibly 3, though we will probably only be succesful with one.

We shall see, I have to say it sounds hopeful though.

Yes if you read what is said there is most certain more than one player they are closing in on...but as you also said...it might be only one coming. I keep my fingers crossed that MON takes some aces up his sleeve and shock us all with great signings!

Carew and Young made a good buzz...and still do...imagine if we get two more with the same kind of buzz around them...wow! I am getting excited and nervous now! :lol:

Charlton have denied it's the Spammers. Reports say there's a bid in and Bent has said no to the kit stealers.

Can't see us bidding that sort of money especially as we now have a fair few forwards.

Probably Newcastle, the position 'defender' does not exist in Newcastle.

According to Sky an unnamed club has bid £18m for Darren Bent.

It couldn't be. Could it?

Its Wet Spam.

They reported wet spam had made a bid 5 hours ago. I'm guessing this is from someone else.

I doubt it's us, but we were heavily linked with him early on so it might be possible.

Fingers crossed girls.......

£18m would be way to much, but if we can pay 8 for Young, then 18m would be about right for Bent in comparison. Darren Bent has proven himself to be able to score at this level.

I can't see it being us though in all honesty.

£18m for Bent is way too much and only the desperate and foolish (i.e West Ham) would pay this

Charlton would never sell to the Hammers in their positions ....

If it is Spurs then one of Keane and Defoe is on their way out.

Don't expect anyone TBH, our targets I guess won't be sold in this winter