Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They've probably just caught him for the first time today, and are going to publish what he says.

Standard stuff really.

We're still in for a 'few', that's for sure. It's whether they come to any success or not.

It'll just be stuff MON has said on the OS, 'a few' etc.

No chance.

The fact that MON is going up late to Newcastle tomorrow suggests to me that something is trying to be done.

You don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

It's whether the deal comes off or not, but MON hasn't given up.

If we do great. But would rather wait for MON to get his prime targets in the summer rather than Plan C's now.

Yeah.

The summer is where all the REAL action is going to take place. I think our team is going to be pretty transformed by this time next year.

I'd go as far as saying that this time next year, we won't be looking at signings to bring in, such is the success of our summer signings, and they'll be plenty of them! :D

if MON can bring in a couple of players then great - we might be capable of a late push for 6th/7th. But to be honest, as long as we finish somewhere midtable (8th - 13th) I'll be happy and we can improve big time in the summer. This season is over in terms of cups, so the best we can hope for is a decent league finish. I can't see us dropping into a relegation dogfight with the squad and manager we have.

MON said today: 'There are a few things in the offing and we're going to be working right to the last minute. There's nothing definite at this time. I'll probably be delayed going up to Newcastle for a while, but there are 36 hours to go, so I might as well see it to the end.' :hooray:

Adu would make business sense. Didn't our CEO say he was looking at breaking the US market....?

Can't see it being Adu. He has just signed to play for Salt Lake in MLS. He had a trial with Man Utd recently, and I think they are at the front (or at least near the front) should anything happen..

The only thing from his comment which gives me encouragement is that he is delaying his trip to the barcodes

I know what you mean. He wouldn't do that if he didn't think he had a realistic chance of signing someone.

O'Neill I think is being cautious here in what he is saying, but sounds like there is a realistic prospect of another signing.

He wouldn't delay his journey unless something was very close to getting done. There would be no point. I would imagine we would have some idea what was happening by tomorrow lunchtime. If there still are no reports then I would say we are done.

He is doing that to wait on another club to do something first imo.

Club A waiting for Player X

We want a player Y of Club A but cannot get them until they sign Player X

I don't think he would have to hang around for that though. Assuming that was the case we could (and I assume we would) conclude all the negotiations with club and player, draft the paperwork and then all that would be needed is to sign and process the documents if Club A sign player X. MON would not be needed for that.

He would be needed possibly to talk to the player though.

So he is waiting for Club A to give him permission ;)

But if club A has any reasonable understanding which I am sure they do, then surely they would give permission to discuss terms but make it clear that it will be put on hold until the summer if they fail to sign player X. That makes commercial sense.