Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pablo Aimar to sign for Aston Villa before deadline. John Carew has given O'Neill the nod regarding the availability of his former team mate.

Graham Laing - Liverpool

The rumours here in Edinburgh are Martin O'Neill is on the verge of signing Paul Hartley from Hearts for £1.5 million.

George Michie - Edinburgh

http://tinyurl.com/jvrua

Couple of interesting rumours (probably both bulls***) on sky sports, don't know much about Paul Hartley, but would love Aimar

The price to Charlton going down is worth them keeping hold of Bent unless something ridiculous happened, like a £50m bid!!!

Scenarios:

Bent stays, they stay up, everyone wins.

Bent stays, they go down, they sell him in the summer, helps the financial blow.

Bent goes now with just over a day of the transfer market to go, they are 99% certain to go down.

Could happen in the summer for us though. I really hope it does.

Pablo Aimar to sign for Aston Villa before deadline. John Carew has given O'Neill the nod regarding the availability of his former team mate.

Graham Laing - Liverpool

The rumours here in Edinburgh are Martin O'Neill is on the verge of signing Paul Hartley from Hearts for £1.5 million.

George Michie - Edinburgh

http://tinyurl.com/jvrua

Couple of interesting rumours (probably both bulls***) on sky sports, don't know much about Paul Hartley, but would love Aimar

I brought up Aimar yesterday. Blatent bullshit though

The price to Charlton going down is worth them keeping hold of Bent unless something ridiculous happened, like a £50m bid!!!

Scenarios:

Bent stays, they go down, they sell him in the summer, helps the financial blow.

Bent goes now with just over a day of the transfer market to go, they are 99% certain to go down.

I hope you don't mean us going down could happen!

for 18 million i would want one of the top strikers in europe. this is not bent. i do wonder if we had slapped a 12 mill bid in at the start of the window if we'd have been successful. charlton cant sell now, they have no time to find a replacement.

I agree that they probably wont sell - to turn down a bid 18mil shows that they want to keep hold of him, or maybe it shows they don't want to sell him to fellow relegation strugglers...Either way I can't see him leaving this Jan.

As for him not being one of the best strikers in europe. I would argue with that. I would say that he would be one of the best strikers, that are actually available. Sure, he's no Eto'o, but Eto'o won't be available. It's pretty obvious that Bent will be leaving Charlton pretty soonish, and I think with his premiership experience, his goalscoring record, his age and his availability we should try our hardest to get him. Letting him go to another team would, IMO of course, be a big mistake.

If he went to a Spurzzz kind of team it would make them stronger than us and if he went to one of 'The Big 4' (TM Sky Sports) it would push them further ahead of us.

With, apparantly, all the transfer fees to go through the roof after the new TV deal kicks in, I wouldn't consider 18-20 mil for Darren Bent too much money.

I think that's what Petrov is supposed to do. I also think that O'Neill is very happy with McCann, and that he will be in our first XI for at least another 18 months

I will be very surprised and annoyed if McCann stays in the starting 11 for 18 more months.

Scenarios:

I hope you don't mean us going down could happen!

Well no....

Has anyone seen the reports that Freddy Adu has been spotted leaving the training ground? Sorry if this is old news, been stuck at work !

It was on the transfer rumours web site about 2 weeks ago that Adu was on trial with Villa but I heard nothing more of it. However, would it not have been reasonable to expect he'd have played in a couple of reserves games for us in that time - or am I naiive to think this?

Not sure how these things work...

It'd also be reasonable to assume that a name like Adu would've been spread all over Sky and coming out of Di Stewart's pretty mouth if that was the case.

The latest rumor on Sky Sports somebody has written in is Alan Smith again. Somebody claiming they know somebody who works at OT and that Smith is coming on loan.

I guess on loan would do us no harm but I would much rather see us trying to get a creative midfield player in.