Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, someone like the Albion, lol.

But anyway, i'm sure i read if SWP would go anywhere, it would be Newcastle. Dunno about Bent.

He needs someone else in midfield like Petrov came and lightend it up a bit, especially a right winger because gabby dosen't make the runs.

Sell Baros and release Sutton though, if he brings in strikers. Bouma should keep his place and slip Gazza Bazza left midfield

Sell Baros and release Sutton though, if he brings in strikers

What would we gain from releasing Sutton from a paper thin squad? About £10k a week in wages? We might as well keep him even if we use him sparingly.

Yeah I know you said that, and if he wants to be released then fine. But unless he wants to go there's no point just getting rid of him. Can fill in at centre back in (dire) emergencies as well.

Oh and he's been rather good at times.

if he was at WBA - its not just him taking in a local game - because MON doesn't live local. Most likley it would be davies he would be watching - I did hope we would be further down the line though - if he is watching him at this stage - it could be that he isn't convinced davies is worth the quoted £7m - the performance of Ridgewell & Cahill today will have given further food for thought.

I notice Robbie Keane was back today for Spurs came on and played the last 15 minutes or so, Defoe was awful, so I'm thinking of we don't go for Bent or if we do and fail and Spurs sign him then surely Defoe or Keane will leave and well Keane is Vice Captain so I'm guessing Defoe will be leaving.

TBH even though Keane is captain of my National Side and can perform on occasions I'd rather see Defoe, just a thought.

I think people are getting far too anxious. Since the transfer window opened we've had 2 games, and already people are furious we haven't signed 5 or more players. The truth probably is that all these clubs with decent players who might be available aren't going to sell to the first bidder. Behind the scenes there's probably chairman's on the phone every day trying to sort out deals or out-bid their rivals. Chances are a lot of clubs won't even make a decision on an offer until the last week of the window. The latter is probably the reason that not a lot has happened before the window opened - the selling clubs have probably said that they won't make any decisions till the end of January. Don't give up hope lads, I'm sure MON is working his magic and by the end of Jan it will all be roses. After all, what have Newcastle or West Ham got to offer that we don't?

I know circumstances dictate, and the takeover was only days old - but if there had been a bit more urgency - perhaps James Milner would be a villa player today.

I just get the feeling, that we aren't making bids here and there - and think we are waiting and see - I wish I could sense more urgency

I know circumstances dictate, and the takeover was only days old - but if there had been a bit more urgency - perhaps James Milner would be a villa player today.

I just get the feeling, that we aren't making bids here and there - and think we are waiting and see - I wish I could sense more urgency

very much doubt Milner would be a Villa player today, Newcastle even if they agreed to sell (which they wont) would need to have a replacement lined up