OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bickster

Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 12:14 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aj2k77 wrote:

Does Mourinho speak Romanian ? We could have him in as the interpreter for this Dica were going to sign !

Isnt that how he got his break in football as an interpretor?

Yeah , he definately worked under Bobby Robson as an interpreter for one club

Barcelona - Spanish

Hello All

I heard ages ago - that Bellamy was MON'S number choice striker. He fits more in the O Neil , big man mould. We don't don't have big guy at all - where as for the smaller striker, we have Angel, Baros, Moore, who could perform this role - on a short term basis. I think a big man is a more pressing requirement - The Link I heard to Bellamy, was the strongest I heard - would also expain our non move for bent - would also fit in with this morning bent to pool rumour.

If we are signing a centre forward (for a reasonable fee)- my bet is one of Bellamy, Beattie, Nugent

Hello All

I heard ages ago - that Bellamy was MON'S number choice striker. He fits more in the O Neil , big man mould. We don't don't have big guy at all - where as for the smaller striker, we have Angel, Baros, Moore, who could perform this role - on a short term basis. I think a big man is a more pressing requirement - The Link I heard to Bellamy, was the strongest I heard - would also expain our non move for bent - would also fit in with this morning bent to pool rumour.

If we are signing a centre forward (for a reasonable fee)- my bet is one of Bellamy, Beattie, Nugent

Bellamy is a little word removed are you stupid!!! he is about 5'8 and smaller than all our strikers, he wreakes of small man syndrome that is why he is such an asshole!

Hello All

Bellamy? big man? not in the physical sense surely!

Hello All

Bellamys not a targetman he's a speedy striker.

OK - maybe's he's not going to play the target man role - at this point in time - I think he is more likley to join us than other names being banded about. I don't particulary like him as a bloke, but think he would be a quality signing for us.

OK - maybe's he's not going to play the target man role - at this point in time - I think he is more likley to join us than other names being banded about. I don't particulary like him as a bloke, but think he would be a quality signing for us.

No, he will not play the target man role at any time. He is not a target man in any sense of the word due to his lack of inches.

Ljungberg at Villa? It would turn into Fight Club on the training pitch with those 2 controversy makers!

I really dont think it would be like that. They are both very competitive and winners with a great deal of will...they are leaders and thats why they clashed in Swedish national team. That happens everywhere in clubs that two men dont see eye to eye all the time.

Ljungberg would be a very good player for Villa, but I doubt that he would like such a step down...I hope...but I cant see it really...

I also dont think Sevilla is going to sell Kepa in january. They need him more than ever now when Luis Fabiano was such a idiot against Zaragoza and had a fistfight with Diogo.

I agree that it wouldn't be any fights nut it is obvious that they don't like each other, Freddie and Ollie, and that may cause an upset in the dressing room. They have far too big an ego both of them and have different ideas and, as said, don't like each other. It's not a coincidence that there have been some arguments between the two and we only know about those who have been official. Don't think Ljungberg and Ollie works very well together on a day to day basis. And I'd rather keep Mellberg, especially as he's a Villa-man and the reason that Arsenal might let Freddie go is because of all his injuries and I think we can all agree that we've got enough of those players already.

Yeah maybe if he grows 5" in height! :lol:

Can anybody confirm how tall Peter Withe was/is ? - I always thought he was 6ft 1 - but someone a while back said that this was a much used myth, he was actually only 5.8 - he certainly looked bigger than 5-8 - anyone confirm ?

Off the itv website -Villa chase United pair

Martin O'Neill has been linked with Manchester United duo Alan Smith and Phil Bardsley ahead of their double header.

The Villa manager wants to sign Smith on loan for the rest of the season, although Sir Fergie is only willing to let him go for as long as Henrik Larsson is on loan at Old Trafford.

The Daily Mirror also claims that Villa are in talks with right back Phil Bardsley about a permanent transfer. Roy Keane wants to take the youngster to Sunderland, but complained yesterday that, "He's in talks with a Premiership club, so I don't know what will happen there."

But O'Neill admitted: "It will be difficult to bring players in before the first game against United."

We know about Bardsley, as he should be signing tomorrow. This report suggests it will be a permanent transfer . This Smith rumour on a season loan wont go away i have seen it on many sites for the past few weeks now.If Baros does leave Smith would be a good deal as he would be looking to impress but still like to see Bent,Keane or Defoe come in as well . I like the look of Dica as well but fear were just being linked because the money we have to spend

Can anybody confirm how tall Peter Withe was/is ? - I always thought he was 6ft 1 - but someone a while back said that this was a much used myth, he was actually only 5.8 - he certainly looked bigger than 5-8 - anyone confirm ?

Are you having a laugh? If Peter Withe was 5' 8" Gary Shaw must have been about 5 foot.