Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Hello All

I heard ages ago - that Bellamy was MON'S number choice striker. He fits more in the O Neil , big man mould. We don't don't have big guy at all - where as for the smaller striker, we have Angel, Baros, Moore, who could perform this role - on a short term basis. I think a big man is a more pressing requirement - The Link I heard to Bellamy, was the strongest I heard - would also expain our non move for bent - would also fit in with this morning bent to pool rumour.

If we are signing a centre forward (for a reasonable fee)- my bet is one of Bellamy, Beattie, Nugent

The best post of the day. :lol:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa are not a million miles away from being a really good side. I just hope that any potential signings were watching the game today against Man Ure and want to join a hard working side who just need a couple of creative players to move forward. Apparently there were big rumours going around the ground that Villa want SWP according to motormouth commentator Pearce.

If he was Peter Crouch's height he'd be shit at headers too, he's got no neck - important for power & direction ;)

I accept since he left us he has improved by leaps and bounds which is understandable, as he's several years older, but good with his head ???

For his height advantage he's awful, he never attacks the ball always deflects it

How would Jonathon pearce know there was a rumour giong around the ground ? - think he means he read in a sunday paper.

my reading of the transfer rumours is:-

Bardsley - very probably

bellamy - possible

Harewood - possible

beattie -possible

Nugent - Possible

Young - Possible

Bent - unlikley

Defoe - highly unlikley

Keane - Unlikley

SWP - unlikley

Davies - WBA - Possible

Upson - Highly unlikley

If he was Peter Crouch's height he'd be shit at headers too, he's got no neck - important for power & direction ;)

I accept since he left us he has improved by leaps and bounds which is understandable, as he's several years older, but good with his head ???

For his height advantage he's awful, he never attacks the ball always deflects it

Crouch is quite literaly the worst header of a ball in the premiership. The Kuyt goal yesterday he headed the ball just outside the 6 yard box and it wasn't going to reach the goal line without bouncing.

we HAVE to get bent

hes perfect for us, as hes perfect for the formation we play with 1 upfront, and could play alongside any of our strikers

i'll be gutted if we miss out to either newcastle or west ham for him

if he goes spurs or liverpool atleast theres the concelation of there cast offs :|

Crouch is quite literaly the worst header of a ball in the premiership. The Kuyt goal yesterday he headed the ball just outside the 6 yard box and it wasn't going to reach the goal line without bouncing.

Can someone actually tell me where I said Crouch was good with his head? Sometimes I really do want to tear my hair out, why do people read three words of a sentence and post a supposedly contrary opinion. And don't start me on the fact that the little winky thing at the end indicated that the comment wasn't to be taken seriously.

Sometimes people should read more and post less

:evil:

we HAVE to get bent

hes perfect for us, as hes perfect for the formation we play with 1 upfront, and could play alongside any of our strikers

i'll be gutted if we miss out to either newcastle or west ham for him

if he goes spurs or liverpool atleast theres the concelation of there cast offs :|

MON has said tonight he wants to build the squad up a 'wee bit' - I really don't think we are in for the Bent's , Defoes, or Even Keane - for whatever reason - I just don't think thats the way MON wants to go.

"wee bit" can mean either loads or a little.

i doubt MoN or any manager would say they are going to sign loads of players or indeed, only 1, it gives the game away and may also upset the small squad we have at our disposal.

"wee bit" can mean either loads or a little.

i doubt MoN or any manager would say they are going to sign loads of players or indeed, only 1, it gives the game away and may also upset the small squad we have at our disposal.

I think MON's "wee bit" will equal as much as Uncle Randy throws at him. He knows we're piss poor up front, and desperately need 4 strikers. I suspect that the only ones who'll be left at the end of the season will be Gabby and Luke Moore.

i'll be absolutly astounded if we don't go in for bent at all

he suits the way we play to a tee

hes almost the perfect forward for us at the moment

suits every formation and would have no problems playing alongside any of our strikers

plus he would join us, unless offered better deals elsewhere due to him being at a small club, and im knowing that he would be helping the club out by going, so pardew can build his own team

he looks to have a good attitude what MON likes as well

I reckon one big name £5-8m and another £1-3m - I just don't see Bent and SWP coming now - I could be wrong - I just think we would have been more strongly linked . I know we could be doing it all in private - but I doub't it.

Isn't Darren Bent a Villa fan too? or am I going nanas?!.......

we definitely need some quality upfront and someone with a bit of craft and a killer pass in midfield.

Angel needs to go ply his trade in a slower league...i'm sorry to say it cos I've always hoped he'd be a huge success but he looks completely lost sometimes these days.. its embarrassing!