Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very disappointed with Neil Lennon joining us.

It would be a step in the wrong direction.

Have to say I agree with Rocafella.

Ditto.

Its all very well saying ' I trust the manager etc etc' well he hasn't been perfect by any stretch of the imagination, take Agathe for example.

So a player who was average at leicester would not be a great move IMO.

Ali,

Agathe was out of contract with no team He had previously looked a reasonable player in Scotland and was a SHORT TERM addition to the squad till January. MON could not make signings of contracted players outside of the window so he took a GAMBLE with no risk. Hardly cause to knock him for it is it?

Why is it people slag the manager and club off when there is no reason.... just uninformed gossip during silly season?

IF MON signed Lennon I would be astounded to be honest but I can't see the point knocking the manager without any evidence that is his plan.

I saw MON yesterday talking to Henril Larsson......... are we all going to cream ourselves at the though of him signing at the end of the seasn?

[Ali,

Agathe was out of contract with no team He had previously looked a reasonable player in Scotland and was a SHORT TERM addition to the squad till January. MON could not make signings of contracted players outside of the window so he took a GAMBLE with no risk. Hardly cause to knock him for it is it?

Why is it people slag the manager and club off when there is no reason.... just uninformed gossip during silly season?

IF MON signed Lennon I would be astounded to be honest but I can't see the point knocking the manager without any evidence that is his plan.

I saw MON yesterday talking to Henril Larsson......... are we all going to cream ourselves at the though of him signing at the end of the seasn?

I'm not slagging off the manager (not yet anyway :winkold: ), but I am offering my opinion on some of the players he has signed. Yes Agathe was short term, but he was also crap. So I think Lennon, if he is an option, IMO is not a good one.

Agathe was what DOL would have called 'another body' and it was a correct thing to do to bring him in. So other than that was else has MON done for you to doubt him....... I know I think he is the Messiah but am always interested in the 'other view' :)

My mate saw Neil Lennon in a restaurant with Martin O'Neill last night, looks like he could be signing for Villa pretty soon.

Jim Brozier - Horsham

Goodness me, we do have a lot of people who are completely unable to smell BS when it arrives.

I don't doubt that Mr Brozier is talking bullshit. But there is certainly a link between Lennon & MON that with or without these rumours on Sky Sports, might actually materialise. Lennon's not a bad player in my opinion, but like many I don't think it would be a step in the right direction either.

My mate saw Neil Lennon in a restaurant with Martin O'Neill last night, looks like he could be signing for Villa pretty soon.

Jim Brozier - Horsham

straight after the man u game??

can't believe i just responded to that... Anyway... a forward line (dreaming) of Young, SWP, Bellamy and Gabi - now that is one fast attack

But can they score goals regularly :roll:

If we sign Young and Wright Phillips. How can we play with two fast right winger. (Maybe we will find out which one is better defender then make him our new right back.) Can either of them play on left side in case.

I think we might play with 4-2-3-1 with Petrov, Wright Phillips and Young supporting our strikers and Barry and McCann do the dirty work, like most team in Spain.

Can I anyway Dennis.

Larsson is one of those players who you just want to see just in case he's still got it, and I thought his play yesterday suggested he had.

As Brian Little said the biggest problem Villa have now is there recent form doesn't encourage the best, even better players to drop in.

so if we assume that MON was watching Curtis Davies, we will loan Wright-Phillips, buy Ashley Young and some form of striker (we can dream) our team would look a bit like this:

Sorensen

Bardsley Davies Ridgewell Bouma

Wright-Phillips Petrov McCann Barry

Keadefobelladica Moore

Subs:

Young

Mellberg

Taylor

Agbonlahor

Davis

ooooh yeah. Coming at you like a flanel

I don't know why, but SWP doesn't strike me as a MON type player - hence the loan rumour - Ashley Young - seems more the MON type - if we signed young permanently & SWP on loan - may MON could alternate them for the rest of the season.

Just seen this what do you think?

A Gareth Barry move to Spurs had been mooted earlier in the season and Villa were also linked with Robbie Keane. These two items have come together in a rumour of Barry to London in exchange for Keane plus Danny Murphy. It sounds plausible but if Villa are trying to build for the future Barry has the capacity to be a club talisman and it would test the fan’s faith if it happened.

Clicky

Just seen this what do you think?

A Gareth Barry move to Spurs had been mooted earlier in the season and Villa were also linked with Robbie Keane. These two items have come together in a rumour of Barry to London in exchange for Keane plus Danny Murphy. It sounds plausible but if Villa are trying to build for the future Barry has the capacity to be a club talisman and it would test the fan’s faith if it happened.

Clicky

not a chance, MoN has stated that barry above any other villa player, is the one who could play for ANY team in the premiership, if he thinks that, he thinks he is our best player, if he thinks he is our best player, he wont sell him unless he has to. does he have to sell anyone?