Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should go for Ben Haim. Highly rated imo

Skysports says Curbs has enquired about Ben Haim.

Now I don't think we need him especially, but if West Ham are approaching clubs left right and centre, and its being reported in the press, then why aren't our approaches. This concerns me slightly, although I suppose we could be doing all our business under the radar.#

I'm quite hoping MON pulls something special out the bag and some of the VT members can stop whinging, because all this moaning is what we were used to under Ellis.

We should go for Ben Haim. Highly rated imo

Didn't we give him a trial under O'Leary before Notlob signed him? I seem to remember Villa taking a look at him but deciding he wasn't good enough for the Prem?

Au contraire. He was snapped up by Bolton WHILE trialling at Villa. They offered him a contract while we hadn't made our minds up and fat Sam takes great pleasure in re-telling that particular anecdote.

Au contraire. He was snapped up by Bolton WHILE trialling at Villa. They offered him a contract while we hadn't made our minds up.

I remember O'Leary saying he didn't want to sign him and the only reason he ever took him on trial was as a favour to a friend!!!

Au contraire. He was snapped up by Bolton WHILE trialling at Villa. They offered him a contract while we hadn't made our minds up.

I remember O'Leary saying he didn't want to sign him and the only reason he ever took him on trial was as a favour to a friend!!!

2 ways of looking at it.

1- DOL didn't want to look a fool at losing a good centre back

2- Fat Sam making it look like he's damn clever while someone else is stupid.

To be honest I believe option 1 as that's how I remembered it at the time too.

We had Ben Haim, we turned him down, doubt he'd be too keen to come back (even if it is new manager etc).

And Sheff Utd after Ashley Young? Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire! I know they're not as much up the creek as Watford but I really can't see him moving there under any circumstances.

I think that was Grisales, not Ben Haim.

nope he had Grisales on trial, but Ben Haim also. DOL decided that the money would be better invested in the likes of the Djemba twins...

nope he had Grisales on trial, but Ben Haim also. DOL decided that the money would be better invested in the likes of the Djemba twins...

I know that we had them both on trial but I'm pretty sure that all the 'there's no harm in it, it's a favour for a friend, we may as well have a look' waffle related to Freddy Grisales rather than Tal Ben Haim.

Rather not sign a player from Charlton reserves.

Not that I particularly want to sign him, but in his defence he has been injured, hence lack of first team action.

Really not sure why I felt the need to defend him there, think I'm just bored :P

My mate saw Neil Lennon in a restaurant with Martin O'Neill last night, looks like he could be signing for Villa pretty soon.

Jim Brozier - Horsham

Would not be surprised if we brought in Lennon on the cheap to compete with McCann. This, I feel, is far more likely than Joey Barton.