Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lets just hope 2 such forwards - terminate there current contracts, buy there own villa kits, drive to villa park, volunteer to train with the current squad - in the hope of getting selected for the first team.....

or we might bid for 2 forwards, and sign them .........................naaaaaah !

300 pages.

Nothing more to say other than welcome to AVFC to ...........................

........a non fickle bunch of fans?

It is nearly the 7th on Jan....... so there are 24 days left of the window and many more pages to come surely?

Mourinho may be leaving Chelsea according to the papers, maybe come in as Assistant to the Messiah? LOL!

Hahaahah. Splendid!!

Seriously though, i have a feeling we will only sign a couple of squad players rather than the real quality some are expecting. I hope that im wrong :)

bickster

Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 12:14 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aj2k77 wrote:

Does Mourinho speak Romanian ? We could have him in as the interpreter for this Dica were going to sign !

Isnt that how he got his break in football as an interpretor?

Yeah , he definately worked under Bobby Robson as an interpreter for one club

With Reo-Coke not even making the bench today something is up.

We should be snapping West Am's hand off for him.

Don't want him joining all the other young english stars at Spuds.

Working on the theory that we aren't making a lot of noise on the transfer front, and that very little has been mentioned about Reo-Coker in the press, I'm strangely hopeful about this one.

Of course, that could just be "window-fever." It's very common at this time of year.

300 pages.

Nothing more to say other than welcome to AVFC to ...........................

........a non fickle bunch of fans?

It is nearly the 7th on Jan....... so there are 24 days left of the window and many more pages to come surely?

Denis_B, the term "fickle fan" cannot be attributed to drat01...... he was one of the 5 that liked him and sat on planes together discussing the theory of the dialectic as it relates to Irishmen.

Meanwhile back on topic; 300 pages of sheer entertainment and not just a little tint of dreaming. Great stuff IMO . We will all miss this window when it closes so enjoy it while it lasts.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Aston Villa will be making announcements this month of new arrivals. If the rumour mill and our dreams are anything to go by I believe we can expect a new full back and at least one striker and perhaps MON will surprise us all with two.

The remaining question is whether there will be more than one exit from the team? We have already seen at least two players on loan at the Britannia Stadium. We have also been stunned with the good news that Baros' career may not be heading in the wrong direction after all.

I thoroughly expect at least another 300 pages of rumour and excitement and a fair amount of entertaining B.S. before the month is done. UP THE VILLA!

bickster

Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 12:14 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aj2k77 wrote:

Does Mourinho speak Romanian ? We could have him in as the interpreter for this Dica were going to sign !

Isnt that how he got his break in football as an interpretor?

Yeah , he definately worked under Bobby Robson as an interpreter for one club

It was at Barca. Before that he was a P.E teacher at a Girls school. Possibly why he gets on with Lampard, Robben and Carvalho. Big bunch of jessy's! :crylaugh:

Who i'd like to see come in- Nigel Reo-coker, Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, James Milner, Darren Bent, Andy Griffin, Zoltan Gera, Phil Bardsley, David Nugent, Markus Katzer, Shaune Wright-Phillips, Tom Huddlestone. Any of these players would bring something we need to the squad. DEPTH!!

Think we only need to buy cover for the rest of this season. No team is gonna be sellin their superstars in Jan so we should look to bolster the squad, aim for mid-table and spend big at the end of the year. Next season's gonna be our season me thinks. We shouldn't waste our cash on any Thomas, Richard or Harold who's available, tho i dont think Saint Martin is the kinda guy to waste cash like previous managers.

Thats my opinion anyway.

I think we need more than 'cover', were not safe from relegation yet, bottom of the form table and as blunt as a spoon in attack, were in desperate need of a bit of quality.