Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

ianrobo1 wrote:

Did anyone hear about the bid for Solano till it happened, rare I know but maybe Lerner and MON want to do business the quiet way ???

What about Milner?? that came out of the blue.

I seriously think MON does like to keep transfers on the quiet, unlike Wet Spam who went after SWP publicly from day one!!

I've read ppl moaning about loaning Bardsley but I reckon he's going to be one just to bulk the numbers up until the Summer, and he is currently after some 'big name' players. Surely he's gota b better that Hughes!? He's already said upteen times that he's seriously going to be after players in Jan.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or maybe he has to prepare for the game, he said it would be very difficult not that its impossible

we was never going to sign anyone before chelsea either

a signing would go through between monday and wednesday i would think, as MON isn't really involved with training etc then and will have time to concentrate on bringing players in

Seriously, I can't believe how negative some of the comments on here are. Comments from MON and from the General on here have repeatedly stated that we will be/are working hard to bring players to the club, yet not a week into the transfer window and some of the comments border on the downright stupid and naive. Get a grip and have some patience. :bang:

i know clubs are not keen to sell now, hence paying the inflated price for the services.

im sure the prices will be even more come summer time when there is a dutch auction for players, especially when there will be most of the premiership with money burning a hole in their pockets. at the moment, there are not many teams who are in a postion to buy, in the range we are looking to buy.

- But if the prices suddenley go through the roof in the summer - and I think they will - we have the perfect excuse not to buy anyone -

We have been assured that top strikers wouldn't be available in Jan - unexpectedly Bent has become available .....Its a goldeon opportunity to pounce - I don't think a young england international striker will be available in the summer.....but alas Bent now looks destined for Spurs, we couldn't bid as we were preparing for an FA cup game......Spurs weren't in the FA cup you see

6 January 2007

REO-COKER AXED AND WILL BE SOLD

EXCLUSIVE

By Darren Lewis

WEST HAM skipper Nigel Reo-Coker has been sensationally axed from today's FA Cup tie against Brighton and is set to quit the club within the next week.

Tottenham are to make a shock bid to take the England Under-21 captain across London while Bolton are also among the prime candidates to prise him away.

Spurs are also in the hunt for Hammers striker Marlon Harewood as White Hart Lane chief Martin Jol has fallen out with Egyptian striker Mido, while Bobby Zamora is being lined up by Reading.

Advertisement

Click Here

But in an amazing transfer merry-go-round Harewood and team-mate Hayden Mullins have also been offered to Charlton in part-exchange for Darren Bent, put up for sale at £15million yesterday - a valuation that desperate Hammers may be ready to meet.

Ruthless West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is also set to sell Yossi Benayoun to Portsmouth for £4m and has beaten ex-Hammers boss Alan Pardew, now at Charlton, to the signature of Dinamo Moscow's former Chelsea midfielder Alexi Smertin, who will join on loan with a view to a £2m summer deal.

Surely we should be in for him.

Young.. english.. cheap... very talented midfield player with an engine as large as a 747. Even Benayoun for 4 mil is good business.

Reo-Coker/Benayoun

Defoe/Keane/Hunt/Dica

Bardsley

Id be stoked with those three for the summer.

Wow, they're doing a really good job of clearing the decks for the arrivals of Geoff Horsfield and other Championship quality players arent they?

Reo Coker could be a superb signing for us, but I can't see him leaving Laandan, annoyingly. Benayoun is a good shout for that price mind. Wouldnt mind him joining up.

i know clubs are not keen to sell now, hence paying the inflated price for the services.

im sure the prices will be even more come summer time when there is a dutch auction for players, especially when there will be most of the premiership with money burning a hole in their pockets. at the moment, there are not many teams who are in a postion to buy, in the range we are looking to buy.

- But if the prices suddenley go through the roof in the summer - and I think they will - we have the perfect excuse not to buy anyone -

We have been assured that top strikers wouldn't be available in Jan - unexpectedly Bent has become available .....Its a goldeon opportunity to pounce - I don't think a young england international striker will be available in the summer.....but alas Bent now looks destined for Spurs, we couldn't bid as we were preparing for an FA cup game......Spurs weren't in the FA cup you see

No they won't because teams have more time to line up replacements. Maybe O'Neill has a deal with Jol that if they sell us Defoe we wont stand in their way for Bent or is that being too positive?

No they won't because teams have more time to line up replacements. Maybe O'Neill has a deal with Jol that if they sell us Defoe we wont stand in their way for Bent or is that being too positive?

to add to that hopeful 'conspiracy'!

To ensure Bent goes to Spurs so we get Defoe in return, we offer Baros to Chelski to end their interest in Bent!!!!! hmmmmm :winkold: :winkold: :winkold:

does anyone really think we would hear about Baros without a forward being lined up especially as Moore is not due back for at least 6 weeks ....

of course not, we have someone lined up it is just a matter of who it is ....

does anyone really think we would hear about Baros without a forward being lined up especially as Moore is not due back for at least 6 weeks ....

of course not, we have someone lined up it is just a matter of who it is ....

I agree and tbh I think that's the most encuraging news for Villa so far in this window. And that hopefully goes without suggestions about me being patient, I am a bit, but I still think this is the most encouraging transfer rumour so far, how odd it might seem.

fine but still would need a few weeks to catch up and we would still be short .....

Also, is Luke Moore ready to be the main striker for Villa, or would he be back up to two main strikers? We need at least 2 new forwards with Luke as back up IMO.