Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

instinctive striking insincts.

what the?????

i'd agree though Crouch step backwards, it ain't gonna happen, MON was at the world cup he knows crouch can't cut it, he's very one dimensional.... if i was liverpool and newcastle offered me 10Mil + for him i'd rip their arm off! bye bye crouchy

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for what its worth Vincenzo Iaquinta would be the dogs danglies he big strong and fast what more can you ask for? 8.5 mil erm yes please he's got more experience than bent and he's 27, thats at least 5 more years at the top level, with his strength and hight he doesn't need the pace that age will make him lose!

These pics could of been taken weeks ago , funny in the pics you never see pics of new signings spurs have made sure more spurs fans would like to see their new stars. No idea where Hoarcross is but i am sure the drive dont take more then 4 hours to be honest.I am sticking with what i said i believe Defoe was their i was just letting people no , i did not want a medal for it just saying what happened.If Defoe dont sign which i dont think he will unless Bent goes to spurs,i hope a story in the paper comes out i almost joined Villa. I said i think he is at the hotel not joining Villa could of been their for any reason

DSC00275.jpg

With the quote: "Our New Keeper"... Strange didn't they sign Alnwick a day or so ago?

These pics could of been taken weeks ago , funny in the pics you never see pics of new signings spurs have made sure more spurs fans would like to see their new stars. No idea where Hoarcross is but i am sure the drive dont take more then 4 hours to be honest.I am sticking with what i said i believe Defoe was their i was just letting people no , i did not want a medal for it just saying what happened.If Defoe dont sign which i dont think he will unless Bent goes to spurs,i hope a story in the paper comes out i almost joined Villa. I said i think he is at the hotel not joining Villa could of been their for any reason

DSC00275.jpg

With the quote: "Our New Keeper"... Strange didn't they sign Alnwick a day or so ago?

If RandysVilla wasn't bullshitting, how could he possibly be SO sure, in the face of all evidence (and common sense) that he is right? He didn't even see him, he thinks he heard him.

BS, sorry.

Todays paper reckons Viduka will be allowed a move if Boro can get about £1 million for him. Honestly at that price it could well be worth a bid. He's the type of big target man MON likes, and can score a few goals as well. Not sure how old he is, but he could probably give us a couple of seasons. For me he's similar to Angel in the way he can win and hold the ball up, but his goalscoring ablity is better.

If we got him, along with a younger striker like Defoe, Bent, Nugent etc or even Moore when he comes back, then we would have a very well balanced strike force

Todays paper reckons Viduka will be allowed a move if Boro can get about £1 million for him. Honestly at that price it could well be worth a bid. He's the type of big target man MON likes, and can score a few goals as well. Not sure how old he is, but he could probably give us a couple of seasons. For me he's similar to Angel in the way he can win and hold the ball up, but his goalscoring ablity is better.

If we got him, along with a younger striker like Defoe, Bent, Nugent etc or even Moore when he comes back, then we would have a very well balanced strike force

Wouldn't mind as a short term option but I wouldn't pay any money for him. A 34 year old out of contract in the summer? They will be lucky to get a fiver.

Some people have short memories!!

What short memories are those? Did he not score yet ANOTHER wonder at the weekend?

Why don't you go and ask Liverpool fans if they want to see him go, because believe me, in Liverpool, the lad is a LEGEND, and it's easy to see why!

As for his Villa days, yeah he missed some chances, what strikers don't? But i remember goals he scored against Bolton and Boro before he left, quality.

I'd love Crouchy back. £11m would be ridiculous, but LOL, who gives a flying fu*k!!

It ain't your money, the club ain't gonna do anything silly. I back MON 100%!!!

Crouch is slow, he can't head (other than being tall he isn't a good header), he can't finish, he doesn't get into positions and he makes you play a certain way. His team will never win anything. Loved in Liverpool you say? They are so far behind in the league is must be sickening for their fans who claim their club is the best in the world.

Bent, SWP and Ashley Young are clearly all available. This is a fantastic opportunity to sign 3 young, hungry, quality players. All 3 have the potential to be lining up for England in the next 2-3 years. They would instantly give us the one thing we clearly lack which is an attacking threat. I doubt players like this will become available too often and this is a fantastic opportunity for us to turn ourselves from an average side into a very good side instantly. I think we should do what ever it takes to bring in all 3 of these players and completely turn the playing side of this club around and make a massive statement that we are back amongst the big boys.

We couldn't buy Young and SWP at the same time, they play the same position. Right winger.

And you are right, no excuses can or should be made about the January-window.

There are very good players available, the one that puts up wins

As Charlton have admitted they need cash surely the clubs who want Bent can just wait it out until they drop the price £15mil is a stupid price for him.

The thing is, with there being a number of clubs being in for him, and a fair few having something to prove (ourselves and Wet Spam under new ownership for example.) it's a sellers market. These clubs can't afford to wait too long, or someone else will nip in.

Our owners have so far done a good job of keeping the pressure off themselves. It's not been entirley successful, but others haven't done as well.

It West Ham don't buy big, then Eggert is just an asset stripper and they will be relegated, collapse and go out of business. I know that's not true, but it's how it will be percieved by some in East London.

If Newcastle don't buy a striker, they'll have wasted a season, let down the worlds greatest fans, missed out on the Champions league, and will have to sack the manager. Again, not the truth, but the way that some in Geordieland will percieve it.

If Tottenham don't go in for every good quality young English player available, then they aren't challenging for the top 4, are happy to sit in mid-table and face a revolt from their better players who will look to move on to teams who can compete for the Champions league.

There's pressure to buy everywhere, there's not a lot available for sale. Somebody will buy Bent and somebody will pay an awful lot of money for him. With Chelsea lurking too, I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody pay £15m for Bent, more than he's worth, but less than some would value their reputation at.

If the players want to come, we could have bid accepted for all 3, doesn't mean the players will want to come far from it!

?

Yeah i cannot write.

Am saying that we could bid for all these players that people want, doesn't mean the player will want to come. Nothing we can do about that.