Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Young - not in the Watford team today - on the bench - looks like another one we missed. - Still lets wait until August eh ? - then we will be able to stroll in, pick who want, and they will all be a lot cheaper then......waiting has always worked well for Aston Villa :((

Ashley Young - not in the Watford team today - on the bench - looks like another one we missed. - Still lets wait until August eh ? - then we will be able to stroll in, pick who want, and they will all be a lot cheaper then......waiting has always worked well for Aston Villa :((

Sorry why does it look like one we've missed? He's not playing so as to keep his transfer value up assuming the clubs that want him stay in the FA Cup, doesn't really matter to us, but does to Everton, Spurs etc.

Was checking out whether Aidy had 3 or 7 clubs when I came across this article: Dated 31st January 2006

Does this mean that O'Leary might have actually understand what talent was?!?!

But where does it say 7 clubs have bid? If so we would certainly be one of the 7. Probably along with Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Portsmouth, Newcastle. Thats pretty stiff competition though... :(

My reasons for thinking we aren't in for Young - is that MON warned us not to expect any transfer activity until after the Manu game. I could be wrong but that to me means he hasn't put his bids in yet - so isn't worried by young and Bent going elsewhere.

Of course it could mean - he has a verbal agreement with one or both - but prefers to wait until after the Manu game - highly unlikley though - if you have 7 clubs chasing a player - as soon as he agrees - you sign him up (unless your aston villa of course !)

Was checking out whether Aidy had 3 or 7 clubs when I came across this article: Dated 31st January 2006

Does this mean that O'Leary might have actually understand what talent was?!?!

But where does it say 7 clubs have bid? If so we would certainly be one of the 7. Probably along with Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham, Portsmouth, Newcastle. Thats pretty stiff competition though... :(

That's clearly dated wrongly, it should be 2005 - and yes I remember us being linked then.

The link I have here suggests it's 6 not 7, but the point is the same, it's certainly not 3 and I'll bet we're one of the 6.

Like it has been said many times before January is sellers time. If we want Young, Bent SWP we are going to have to pay over the odds. Players in other leagues need time to settle and the vast majority of clubs need players who can do well immediately. This means there are less players out there in the market and the selling club can to a certain extent name its price.

I think get Young in for £7mill, Bardsley on loan, possibly SWP on loan or £9/10million, Dica for £2.5million and I think I will be happy with that. Then in the summer really improve the squad and push for Europe :D