Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These pics could of been taken weeks ago , funny in the pics you never see pics of new signings spurs have made sure more spurs fans would like to see their new stars. No idea where Hoarcross is but i am sure the drive dont take more then 4 hours to be honest.I am sticking with what i said i believe Defoe was their i was just letting people no , i did not want a medal for it just saying what happened.If Defoe dont sign which i dont think he will unless Bent goes to spurs,i hope a story in the paper comes out i almost joined Villa. I said i think he is at the hotel not joining Villa could of been their for any reason

Would you gamble on buying Bent for 8-10 million and him having a knee injury keeping him out untill atleast mid February? Tough one really I know he is class and would do the businees but the pressure on him to perform buying an injured 10 million pound striker might be too much with some of the fans we have.

yeah i want to sorry, just people chatting about red cards being dished out.Pissing me off awol made the rumour up he was coming to villa. I would rather Defoe then Bent think he is over rated.If bent was going for 6 million though i would take him. He is lot better then Angel,i am really looking forward to Luke Moore coming back

Udinese await Iaquinta offer

Friday 5 January, 2007

Udinese are ready to sell Vincenzo Iaquinta to Milan if the Rossoneri make an adequate offer, confirmed director general Roberto Zanzi.

The World Cup winner has been heavily paired with a move to the San Siro, although the Bianconeri management had reiterated recently that he would not be released.

“There have been no offers, but if the Rossoneri were to present one then they would have no problems in buying him,†said Zanzi to the GRT news agency.

“We will consider all requests and this is definitely a deal where the offer would be very important,†added the official, whose club value the attacker at £8.5m.

“In any case, we will wait and see, we are in no hurry whatsoever.â€

Zanzi then moved on to speak about Sulley Ali Muntari, who he does not believe can become a target for other Italian clubs.

“He has great qualities, unfortunately this year he has got into trouble a few times from a disciplinary point of view.

“Sulley is an excellent person, but sometimes he lets foreign mermaids lure him. It is difficult for him to become a target on the Italian market.â€

Fabio Quagliarella of Sampdoria, who is co-owned by Udinese, has netted some spectacular goals so far and has been eyed by several sides, including Milan and Inter.

“It’s too early to talk about Quagliarella,†noted Zanzi.

“The market has just started and there are still six months ahead of us before the end of term. The player did well last year as well, but he has finally found the continuity he needed.â€

Source

So Iaquinta is available... he's exactly what we need at a good price. And I'd take Muntari in a heartbeat to strengthen our midfield.

a big signing at villa is always under pressure - because there is usually only one of them. This won't happen, but if we signed, Bent, Young, Nugent, - all for big fees - as long as one of them came good - the pressure on other two would be reduced.

Historically we sign one big name at time - historically this hasn't worked.

everybody is saying we need strikers strikers strikers, i think a right winger is a must over any striker, we arent scoring many because the service is not there, give the guys some decent chances (whoever plays upfront) and they will score they just need good consistent service through the game not the odd half chance :P

is Bent getting the service at Charlton ?

Would Defoe have missed the chance Gabby had at Charlton ?

Don't overcomplicate it - if your not scoring goals - its generally the strikers - if your conceeding goals its generally the defence. - Not 100% - but most of the time.

Don't overcomplicate it - if your not scoring goals - its generally the strikers - if your conceeding goals its generally the defence. - Not 100% - but most of the time.

Decent strikers can create chances for themselves and will put away a good number of chances created for them, at the moment we don't have anyone like that.

Our creativity isn't great but barry, davis and petrov will create enough for a decent striker to score goals.

I kind of agree...

I do think that with a proper winger that JPA and Gabbi will benefit a great deal.

But at the same time, Baros isn't performing and I don't see a midfield improvement helping him.