Which Villa signing excited you the most?

Guest av1

Though we didn't sign him so Im taking my own op of topic, i remember being so bloody excited when the James beatie deal looked to be done and dusted. how little i know

Darren Bent. The goal scorer we'd missed for years. Shame McLeish had to come in and **** everything up.

Any excuse to have a dig eh :D

I'm serious though. I was ecstatic when we signed Bent as I knew he was exactly what We needed. Initially he got the service and scored a lot of goals for us. Then McLeish comes in and isolates him on the pitch with his horrible tactics. It really angers me that there's a chance that Bent could leave in the summer having only had a few months of good form, all because of McNegative's negative tactics.

Luc Nilis....Heard what a great creator he was for van Nistleroy.

Then seen that Chesea Goal...wow

just about to post the same thing, id heard when we'd signed him that he had all these scoring records in holland and at international level (might have been bollocks but i was young and lapped it up) and i thought he was going to be a world beater with us

:(

The signings of Hadji and Kachloul were very exciting because they both had great World Cups, and were internationally known. Hadji on his day, was a fantastic player...

Luc Nilis....Heard what a great creator he was for van Nistleroy.

Then seen that Chesea Goal...wow

just about to post the same thing, id heard when we'd signed him that he had all these scoring records in holland and at international level (might have been bollocks but i was young and lapped it up) and i thought he was going to be a world beater with us

:(

what short bit I seen of that fella, was gutted when he broke his leg , such a bloody tradegy.....and such a bloody tradegy, we could'nt find another one.

Another for Nilis, and I'd seen how good he was before we'd bought him. **** Richard Wright.

I was quite excited when we signed Southgate of all people, purely because I remember him always **** scoring for Palace every bloody time we played 'em.

As a kid, I was thrilled to bits when Andy Gray came back in '83. He never should have left in the first place and I cried myself to sleep for weeks afterwards. I was sat in the old Witton Lane, and I can't remember who we were playing, but a little dog found its way onto the pitch and ran around as the Holte End broke into a chorus of "Andy is back, Andy is back, whoa, whoa"... I cried then too...

How about these five?

Bruce Rioch in 1969. We spend £100,000 on a player for the first time!

Denis Mortimer in 1975. What a superb Christmas present (pre transfer windows)!

Paul McGrath in 1989. Need I say more?

Dean Saunders in 1992. The striker Big Ron and we all wanted.

Paul Merson in 1998. Quality and a winner.

Darren Bent. The goal scorer we'd missed for years. Shame McLeish had to come in and **** everything up.

Any excuse to have a dig eh :D

I'm serious though. I was ecstatic when we signed Bent as I knew he was exactly what We needed. Initially he got the service and scored a lot of goals for us. Then McLeish comes in and isolates him on the pitch with his horrible tactics. It really angers me that there's a chance that Bent could leave in the summer having only had a few months of good form, all because of McNegative's negative tactics.
I wouldn't strictly put it on his tactics, think the loss of Young, Downing, and NRC had more to do with it.

Bent all day long.

I nearly shit myself when it was announced on here that he was in talks...I'd never been so excited by a signing!

Was pleased with Given too, but I think his signing lacked excitement because we'd lost Big Brad, so it wasn't like we'd been crying out for a keeper for years.

Â