Which Villa signing excited you the most?

Guest av1

Im just sat here watching the Schalke Bibao game, day dreaming about seeing some of these guys in claret and blue.

Listening to Stan in commentary brought back memories of how excited i was when he signed. we all know it didn't work out, but having been crying out for a striker i genuinely thought we was going to win league (how wrong i was)

Im sure there has been plenty of discussion regarding stan over the years so Im not looking to start another.

Just wondered which signing made you more excited than any other, and why?

Weirdly, since Randy has been at the club the signing that excited me the most was Stephen Ireland. I really expected big things from him. I thought if he got playing again and was loved by a manager he could be the missing piece to the puzzle, someone who could break teams down when we were struggling. Then Houllier was appointed and didnt like him.

Weirdly, since Randy has been at the club the signing that excited me the most was Stephen Ireland. I really expected big things from him. I thought if he got playing again and was loved by a manager he could be the missing piece to the puzzle, someone who could break teams down when we were struggling. Then Houllier was appointed and didnt like him.

I believe one reason Ireland didn't arrive to universal excitement was the deal involved the loss of miner.

Right or wrong, many may have felt like they'd found a penny but lost a pound.

A new manager!!

Any signings McLeish makes would make me worried not excited.

Though i agree, i had hoped this thread might bring some light relief from all that :D

A new manager!!

Oh FFS! Can people please stop soiling their posts and save it for more relevant threads? It's like a stuck record and is seriously spoiling on-topic VillaTalk.

Back on topic, Collymore's signing excited me. I saw him as fast, athletic, usefully tall but not too lanky, good on the ball, had a great shot and followed the Villa as a kid. Perfect. Little did I know his head wasn't quite right. :(

Given

Walker-Cahill-Mellberg-Young

Young-Milner-Barry-Downing

Agbonlahor-Bent

Quite the team we had in the last 5 years. Mellberg and Cahill were here a while ago so you can swap them for Dunne and Cuellar a few years ago when they were on form and we would have easily made champs league especially with MON at the helm. Oh how we have fallen.

A new manager!!

Oh FFS! Can people please stop soiling their posts and save it for more relevant threads? It's like a stuck record and is seriously spoiling on-topic VillaTalk.

Back on topic, Collymore's signing excited me. I saw him as fast, athletic, usefully tall but not too lanky, good on the ball, had a great shot and followed the Villa as a kid. Perfect. Little did I know his head wasn't quite right. :(

Agree on both points.

Â