Star Wars

Awol

Star Trek (original series and reboot) and Star Wars (first film, part 4, whatever you want to call it) are OK for a bit of a giggle. Life's too short for all the rest of that stuff.

Speaking of Ian McDiarmid, he must've been a kid when he played the emperor in Return of the Jedi. He doesn't look very old in any of the last 3 movies. Make up ftw.

The books must be based on the films, which are the kind of books I never care for.

i read episode 3 about 2 weeks before the film came out, id read the clone wars books in between the 2 films so knew characters such as kit fisto and knew the film wouldnt do them justice, same for general grevious, they made him out to be absolutely pointless in the film whereas he was decent in the books

1-6. Get the shit ones out of the way first.

you wouldn't get past episode 1 though surely ? At the point of Jar Jar Binks you'd switch off the DVD and Episodes 2 -5 would gather dust

1-6. Get the shit ones out of the way first.

you wouldn't get past episode 1 though surely ? At the point of Jar Jar Binks you'd switch off the DVD and Episodes 2 -5 would gather dust

It is an awful film. In episodes 4-6 you did at least have an air of underlying menace and the only concession to 'fluffy' stuff were Ewoks.

Having not seen the originals at the point where I saw The Phantom Menace, I didn't find Jar Jar to be in any way as annoying as most did. Probably because I hadn't seen the originals and therefore had no point of reference.

If you were watching Star wars for the first time now, say as a 13 year old kid, which order should you watch them in...

Episode 1 through to Episode 6?

or original trilogy, then prequel trilogy?

Chronological order (i.e. 1 to 6).

Your average 13-year-old doesn't care about whether he's watching "proper" movies, he just enjoys lights and special effects and cool sounds.

(I'm not entirely sure the average 30-year-old cares about "proper" films as well, mind)

but watching them like this, you would lose the effect of the 'reveal' in episode 5. and without the reveal, would episode 5 be any good?

having watched all the films in the same decade (in this order - 4,5,6,1,2,3), i can say that my favourite film to worst film was:

2 (best)

1 (worst)

:shock:

Wow. I've never known anyone to enjoy the first 3, let alone rate 2&3 above the classic originals.

Its probably a generational thing.

Those who watched the original films in the 70's seem to hate the new ones. Whereas those who discovered Star Wars with Episode 1-3, think 4-6 are a bit shit.

I 'discovered' Star Wars in 1999, and found ep4 to be a decent film but nothing more, 5 only good because of the reveal, and 6 to be a big pile of poo as bad as ep1.

Episode 2 was great fun though, and ep3 good story, emotion & 'menace'.

Having not seen the originals at the point where I saw The Phantom Menace, I didn't find Jar Jar to be in any way as annoying as most did. Probably because I hadn't seen the originals and therefore had no point of reference.

i agree, he was just another strange character in a film full of strange characters.

If you were watching Star wars for the first time now, say as a 13 year old kid, which order should you watch them in...

Chronological order (i.e. 1 to 6).

Your average 13-year-old doesn't care about whether he's watching "proper" movies, he just enjoys lights and special effects and cool sounds.

(I'm not entirely sure the average 30-year-old cares about "proper" films as well, mind)

but watching them like this, you would lose the effect of the 'reveal' in episode 5. and without the reveal, would episode 5 be any good?

Yep, do 4-5-6-1-2-3, or forget 1-2-3

Can we just remake Episodes 1 to 3?

i'd rather thay brought Ep 4-6 up to date by remaking those.

how old are they - 30-40 years old?

Nooooooooooo!

Do the HD touch ups or 3D if they have to, but remake them? No way, Harrison Ford is far too old now and he IS Han Solo.

It'd be like trying to remake Indiana Jones using Matt Damon, but worse.

5-4-6-2-3-1. That is the order of goodness. However 5 is so much better than 1, they are in a Galaxy far, far away from them.

4 then 5 then give up.

Â