Star Wars

Awol

This thread is for the unresolvable Star Wars arguments you had with you mates as a kid. Let's see if they can finally be settled by the great and the good of VT...

To start us off: The Y-Wing looked so much cooler than the X-Wing but if you had to fight a hoard of Imperial Tie-Fighters which one would you rather be flying and why?

First of all, the X-Wings were cooler than the Y-Wings. 2nd of all I'd rather be flying the Tie-fighter than any of the two. :nod: The most boring was the B-wing.

Suicide, TIE-fighters have no shields. A TIE-defender though....

And the B-wing is awesome.

Han shoots first

And the meat-head who thought "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival" is a better fit for that scene than "Bring my shuttle" should be shot.

Now, where's my dignity?

X-Wing. The Y-Wings were bombers, X-Wing is better suited to dogfighting.

So why send so many X-Wings against the Death Star? Plus Y-Wings had the turret cannon on top and could shoot backwards - pretty useful in a dogfight.

Princess Leia. Virgin?

The Y-Wings got hammered at the Battle of Yavin, of 8 sent only 1 came back. X-Wing losses were at 50%, and it was an X-Wing that made the successful bombing run. Y-Wings were notoriously lacking in maneuverability, and better suited at barreling their way through surface-to-air fire to reach a target. In a straight-up dogfight? Not a chance. The X-Wings were multi-role as well, so you've got the best of both worlds. They were the Hawker Hurricanes of the Galactic Civil War.

The Y-Wings got hammered at the Battle of Yavin, of 8 sent only 1 came back. X-Wing losses were at 50%, and it was an X-Wing that made the successful bombing run. Y-Wings were notoriously lacking in maneuverability, and better suited at barreling their way through surface-to-air fire to reach a target. In a straight-up dogfight? Not a chance. The X-Wings were multi-role as well, so you've got the best of both worlds. They were the Hawker Hurricanes of the Galactic Civil War.

:lol::clap:

Or just forget about the prequel? I'd advice every new watcher to watch the old ones first. If they watch the new ones they'll probably not care about the old ones.

Suicide, TIE-fighters have no shields. A TIE-defender though....

Ok, the Tie Interceptor, then. :)

Luke Skywalker or Han Solo?

Leia definetely was a virgin.

Picard > Kirk > Ackbar. Let's be honest, Ackbar's got his punchline and that's it. Even Lando upstaged him tactically in ROTJ (engaging the Star Destroyers at close range to prevent getting raped by the Death Star). Kirk was a douche, but he did best Khan (twice), and Picard is simply the greatest of them all. He was so bad-ass, even when he was a Borg he got his own name.

I guess that makes the Y-Wing the Fairey Battle, or possibly the Boulton-Paul Defiant, of the GCW?

(My childhood obsession with WWII stayed in my head permanently, whereas my adult interest in Star Wars stayed in my head for about ten minutes after watching the films).

1-6. Get the shit ones out of the way first.

I actually grew up with 1-3 and loved them but watching 4-6 you soon realize they are the proper movies!!

hmmm...

having watched all the films in the same decade (in this order - 4,5,6,1,2,3), i can say that my favourite film to worst film was:

2 (best)

1 (worst)

Â