Steam

PussEKatt

There's no 'system', and it's not just newer cards, the vast majority of graphics cards work under most Linux distros. AMD and Nvidia are getting a bit better at driver support for non-Windows operating systems now, but even before they offered proper support there were decent drivers made available by...the sort of people who like to do this stuff for free. :P

I can see a lot of these being bought and just having Windows installed on them unless a lot of major devs get on board very quickly. And even then I can't see it becoming a mainstream item to challenge consoles for one reason - EA. A lot of PC gamers hate them, but tell a console gamer that there's this new more powerful device they can buy to play games that will look better and at a better framerate, but they can't play the likes of Battlefield and FIFA. I suspect many will stick to their console.

I imagine Valve will make and market a generic Steam Box

Valve Not Releasing a Steam Machine... for Now

Valve could release a Steam Machine, but not anytime soon.

Valve Software's Gabe Newell confirmed Monday night during the Steam Machines event that the company has no current plans to release its own Steam Machine despite the 300 prototypes shipped off to testers. He indicated that Valve hasn't positioned itself as a "console" maker; that's what the Steam Machine partners are for. Thus consumers will have a variety of options rather than a single hardware set that becomes obsolete in several years.

Link

----------

oops, looks like I got that wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

For 24 hours Sniper Elite V2 is free and you get to keep it.

Well done sir  :thumb:

Bought that when it came out, I thought it was absolutely fantastic, and mostly overlooked at the time which was a shame.  The slo-mo bullet cams are brilliant and extremely satisfying.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good an opportunity to buy Euro Truck Simulator for £2 just like I always wanted

If+you+couldn+t+tell+I+was+being+sarcast

Nothing I enjoy more after a long day at work and a long drive than settling down at home and getting to pretend I'm still stuck in traffic.

Â