Steam

PussEKatt

The Walking Dead Season 2 is available to pre-order now. Get **** hyped.

11b4r4i.jpg

This screenshot actually made me sad in real life. Lee  :(

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilEB4KTTOIo

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 1

PC gaming is too expensive.

I used to agree, but the savings on the price of PC games mean that it actually works out cheaper if you're buying more than a handful of games a year

I was trying to be funny in light of another ridiculous Steam sale. :(

I've still not got around to installing half of the games I bought in the summer sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Details of the first Steam Machine have been revealed - in this case, manufactored by 'iBuyPower', and gives you the following - a multicore AMD CPU, AMD Radeon R9 270 graphics card, a 500GB hard drive, and built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, plus the Steam controller. It'll retail in the US or the same price as the XBONE, running the Steam OS and linux compatible only games.

Wish there were more demos on steam so I could check if the games would work properly on my PC. Never played Skyrim and at £3.74 it seems a bargain - if it works ok.

Steam Autumn Sale

And this isn't even the Christmas sale.

An email from Valve leaked by a Russian dev about a month ago said that the discounts on games will be identical for the Autumn and Christmas sale, as they're so close together, so if something is on a daily or flash sale that you want, don't hold back, it won't be any cheaper until the Spring sale, at the earliest.

After a brief audit of my games catalogue I found out I've completed just under 15% of the games I have on Steam, and I've never even downloaded a third of them, so I'll give this one a miss, I think. I'm determined to get through most of my backlog before buying anything else.

Edited by Davkaus

Steam sale haul so far:

Gone Home

Fez

Poker Night at the Inventory 

Poker Night 2

Spelunky

Total cost of less than a tenner.  PS4? Who needs it! 

• 2 weeks later...

Details of the second Steam machine have been released, this time made by 'Digital Storm'. It'll retail at $1,469 (£895) in the US, which probably means, if it were ever to be for sale in the UK, it could cost as much as £1500. Coooooooo-ee. It'll be liquid cooled, will be able to dual boot Windows and SteamOS, with a GeForce GTX Titan and 700W power supply. Its a big unit aswell -  4.4 inches deep by 14.1 inches wide by 16.4 inches tall. I think the word in the biz is 'high end'.

Edited by hogso

Unclear - the proper meat of the spec will be unveiled at CES '14, they've, uh, revealed the reveal with these tid bits of info about it. According to their account on the Overclock.net forums they're looking in to the streaming capabilities of Steam, with the hope that their Steam machine would be able to stream to other lower powered computers around the house.

Â