Steam

PussEKatt

It's not on Steam is it? It's that EA Origin thing.   Mass Effect 2 is great, it's worth the price of admission even if you don't play 1 or 3. 

If they're not really you're kind of game then it's hard to say. What sort of games are you usually into?

Tomb Raider is a brilliant action/adventure third person shooter very similar to the Uncharted series. Mass Effect and ME:2 are also third person shooters but with more of an RPG Sci-fi vibe.

I personally think Mass Effect is a little dull gameplay-wise, but the story is good. ME:2 vastly improves on the gameplay and is one of my absolute favourite games of recent times.

It's not on Steam is it? It's that EA Origin thing.   Mass Effect 2 is great, it's worth the price of admission even if you don't play 1 or 3. 

Both on steam, Mass Effect 1&2 popped up on the flash sales 75% off, available for another hour or so.

I mostly play strategy games, but for 1st/3rd person games I'm generally into more open games, like Stalker and Far Cry. I enjoyed the Metro games though, so I can like a great story even if it's controlled. I looked at Tomb Raider on youtube and all the scripted stuff puts me off, but after a few hours it looks more interesting so I might go for that.

Tomb Raider is...alright.

The repetitive QTE's are a pain in the arse, the story is a bit crap, and the character development is absolutely laughable (quite schizophrenic, is Lara. In the cutscenes she's naive, weak, and vulnerable, then during gameplay she mows down dozens of armed men with ease...before transforming in to the little girl again in the next cutscene). There are also very very few puzzles, and they don't really deserve to be called puzzles  It's the weakest game in the TR series by far.

But I still kind of enjoyed it, and I'm not entirely sure why. The environments are well crafted, and the gunplay is decent, but nothing spectacular.

Edited by Davkaus

Wasn't Nidhogg what AM named one of humans in I have no mouth and I must scream?

No, it was Nimdok ^_^;;

Edited by hogso

LA Noire is just one of those games that has no replay value for me. I didn't dislike it, it was certainly an interesting experience and a very worthwhile game in terms of pushing technical boundaries and trying something new, but it just wasn't really for me.

LA Noire is just one of those games that has no replay value for me. I didn't dislike it, it was certainly an interesting experience and a very worthwhile game in terms of pushing technical boundaries and trying something new, but it just wasn't really for me.

It's been such a long time since i played it that i've forgotten most of the storyline, also didn't have any of the dlc missions which came with the sale.

Just picked up Table top simulator aswell, mostly to play with a friend :lol:

Picked up Planet Explorers, which is only in Alpha but looks very much up my street.

http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/

Planet Explorers is an open world voxel based sandbox adventure rpg game set on a distant planet. The game uses a new OpenCL system based on the Unity 3D engine to allow players to change the terrain in anyway, create new objects in any form, and do it anywhere.

Picked up Planet Explorers, which is only in Alpha but looks very much up my street.

http://planetexplorers.pathea.net/

Planet Explorers is an open world voxel based sandbox adventure rpg game set on a distant planet. The game uses a new OpenCL system based on the Unity 3D engine to allow players to change the terrain in anyway, create new objects in any form, and do it anywhere.

Got that before it was on sale awhile back, never really got into it since theres not much of a guide.

Seems it should be play coop aswell.

Â