Steam

PussEKatt

I prefer Portal to Portal 2, but both are good games. The first was a much smaller game, with the focus being on the puzzles. The second feels like it has a lot of padding in comparison. It was still good, but the first Portal game is a classic.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Very serious data leaks happening through Steam right now. Displaying random people's account details, due to some sort of caching error. Some people are claiming they're already seeing transactions that they don't recognise on their account.

Keep an eye on your bank statements, this could be very, very bad.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not good.  The card I had saved on Steam has expired and my last few purchases have been through PayPal but shit, this could cause a loss of confidence in the platform which might take years for Valve to recover from.  

I'm surprised they didn't just have a killswitch to turn the site off as soon as they confirmed initial reports because it blew up on GAF and Reddit for ages before Valve acted. 

Edited by The_Rev

I haven't been on to Steam in months so I think I'm not terribly likely to to overly affected, but it smashes confidence in the system.

Valve's reaction is also awful. More information has come out of a third party than Valve themselves. And the time to take the store down is absurd.

• 5 months later...

Sale season these days never impresses me but it's been several years since I had only 5 games on Steam which was likely the last time a Steam sale excited me. When you have over 600 games on PC and almost 300 of those are on Steam these sales are always sub-par, I am insanely jealous of anyone with only a handful of games right now just filling their boots with great cheap game after cheap game.

• 5 months later...

I'd expect it to run like a dog, tbh. TW3 is a fairly taxing game that needs a dedicated graphics card. The surface line is not by any means designed to play games.

Steam will refund you if you've played a game less than 2 hours, i think, so it can't hurt to give it a go if you've already bought it, but even on low settings i think it'll be basically unplayable.

Edited by Davkaus

37 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd expect it to run like a dog, tbh. TW3 is a fairly taxing game that needs a dedicated graphics card. The surface line is not by any means designed to play games.

Steam will refund you if you've played a game less than 2 hours, i think, so it can't hurt to give it a go if you've already bought it, but even on low settings i think it'll be basically unplayable.

Yeah I've now done my research! It's an i5 8gb so it will be fine for indie gaming and some on the move gaming I'm sure. 

My plan now is to build a gaming/media rig in the new year, from scratch. So off to the correct thread I go! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have downloaded. £12.49, seems like a bargain? This steam thing is pretty ace. 

I assume it's going to play fine through a Surface Pro 4? Linked to the TV that is. It's the most powerful machine I own at the minute. 

Surface has an integrated graphics chip, you'll struggle with anything close to being a AAA game. 

You can use this site to see if you can run a game before you purchase anything. 

It really depends what kind of RPG you're looking for, something traditionally Japanese such as Ys or early Final Fantasy. Something Western such as Fallout, Isometric like Wasteland or earlier Fallout titles. 

An older title I'd recommend is Recettear: an item shops tale. You change between adventuring in dungeons collecting loot to sell in your shop and then running the shop to make the repayments on the loan you have.

Â