Muamba

irreverentad

That doesn't really have much relevance to the point you were making though, which was (at least as I saw it) Muamba gets all the attention but 750 people have died of the same thing since it happened to him.

My response was I doubt very many, if any, of that 750 were as young, as gifted and with as much potential as Muamba. I imagine most of that 750 will be made up of relatively elderly folk, which whilst still sad, obviously, is not as tragic as it happening to a 23 year old.

As for your point above, yes he was at a huge advantage. i think we can all agree if the medics weren't as quick as they were he'd be dead.

As i think I said earlier in the thread, if this had happened to someone 10 years ago he'd be dead. Well, it basically did I suppose with Foe. POint is the medical attention at games has come on a lot.

I heard 12 people under the age of 35 die each week from the same sort of thing,he was lucky he was a pro footballer playing at the time if it were a sunday footballer no doubt he would he would be one of the 12.

That doesn't really have much relevance to the point you were making though, which was (at least as I saw it) Muamba gets all the attention but 750 people have died of the same thing since it happened to him.

My response was I doubt very many, if any, of that 750 were as young, as gifted and with as much potential as Muamba. I imagine most of that 750 will be made up of relatively elderly folk, which whilst still sad, obviously, is not as tragic as it happening to a 23 year old.

As for your point above, yes he was at a huge advantage. i think we can all agree if the medics weren't as quick as they were he'd be dead.

As i think I said earlier in the thread, if this had happened to someone 10 years ago he'd be dead. Well, it basically did I suppose with Foe. POint is the medical attention at games has come on a lot.

Woah easy tiger I wasn't making any point of course he will get the attention it happened to him on the telly and in the public eye. I was merely posting some stats that I thought were relevant to the post I quoted.

Maybe you should read it back.

No probs, I wasn't being agressive or anything, apologies if it came across that way :thumb:

Besides, I don't want Fop goddamit! I'm a dappadan man!

(now I'll look even more of a dick if your name isn't an "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" reference!)

Hopefully he's over the worst of it now and it's now about recovery rather than trying to actually keep him alive. However slow that recovery is.

Is there any possibility at all that he'll return one day to play?

Fadiga and Kanu both recovered from heart conditions though different types. Wouldnt rule it out with all treatment available but probably for best to not play again

Similar to Stale Stolebakken (Cologne coach and ex Wimbledon player) who was announced as clinically dead when he collapsed and made his own miracle recovery.

When you say he made "his own miracle recovery".....

I presume you mean he was saved by very talented doctors as was Muamba.

I hate this notion that its a "miracle" or that "prayers worked" its utter nonesense.

Similar to Stale Stolebakken (Cologne coach and ex Wimbledon player) who was announced as clinically dead when he collapsed and made his own miracle recovery.

When you say he made "his own miracle recovery".....

I presume you mean he was saved by very talented doctors as was Muamba.

I hate this notion that its a "miracle" or that "prayers worked" its utter nonesense.

VillaChris never even mentioned anything about prayer. In today's language saying "miracle" doesn't necessarily have to have religious connotations.

Â