Muamba

irreverentad

Didn't God give him the heart attack in the first place?

He gets all the credit and none of the blame .

Hypocrites the lot of them .

Can of worms, that is all I am saying.

Hardly.

If a deity is responsible for Muamba's recovery and praised for it then why is there no blame given to said deity for allowing it to happen in the first place ?

Hypocrisy, no ?

Is there any need for a **** religion debate in a Muamba thread, really? Just leave it.

Where's the debate ?

Should reason be a slave to emotion ?

Part of the whole Muamba storyline involves high profile figures stating that super natural miracles are responsible for his recovery when in fact it was due to the skill, knowledge, dedication and hard work of the medical professionals involved .If I want to make a comment on this irrational behaviour then I am more than free to do so .

Who the hell are you to say what we can and can not talk about anyway ?

Finishing his ark.

:lol:

You laugh now, but I'm hedging my bets and keeping a dinghy under my bed just in case. Unlike s&c however, mine will have a lesbian-inclusive policy. 8)

Is there any need for a **** religion debate in a Muamba thread, really? Just leave it.

Where's the debate ?

Part of the whole Muamba storyline involves high profile figures stating that super natural miracles are responsible for his recovery when in fact it was due to the skill, knowledge, dedication and hard work of the medical professionals involved .If I want to make a comment on this irrational behaviour then I am more than free to do so .

Besides Sepp Blatter, who else has been attributing his recovery solely to divine intervention?

Where's the debate ?

Quit it!

Similar to Stale Stolebakken (Cologne coach and ex Wimbledon player) who was announced as clinically dead when he collapsed and made his own miracle recovery.

Sorry, but I have to correct the name. It is Solbakken. He is actually a great coach. I wish Villa took a chance on him, instead of the "premiership experince" they were looking for. But I am not complaining about our current manager. Sorry for the OT.

Pray for Muamba!

article-0-123A0068000005DC-732_306x423.jpg

I'll quit because of my own lethargy rather than because I was asked to. My points are valid but unfortunately there is this crazy notion that you can't speak your mind in case you upset someone .

I don't wish harm on any human and I am truly happy that Fabrice seems to be on his way back to full recovery . What irks me is the hypocrisy and irrationality these type of events give birth to .

For me this whole affair is the Kony 2012 of cardiac arrests. Shit like this happens every single day all over the world and yet nobody gives a monkeys . When it happens to a "celebrity" all of a sudden it becomes a big deal and all reason and rationality go out the window . Is Muamba more important than the thousands upon thousands of humans who die every single day, a lot of whom never got the chance to live the kind of life he has been fortunate to have ?

Muamba was fortunate in that he lives in a very developed country . A country that has been a pioneer in the medical sciences throughout history . The same sciences that are responsible for that kid being alive and relatively well at this very moment . For people to just blatantly disreagrd all of that endeavour and attribute his recovery to superstitious nonsense is far more offensive than anything I have written in this thread.

Some may say that now is neither the time or place to bring up such matters but personally I think this is the perfect time as it it highlights just how much emotion can sway the rational mind .

I never brought religion into the Muamba situation .

Do you want to know who did ? Every hypocritical sod who facebooked, tweeted, wrote an article on or gave an interview using the phrase PRAY FOR MUAMBA.

What's wrong with "Get well soon" ?

The moment you use the word pray it invokes the supernatural and disregards all the endeavour of medicinal science .

If you are that way inclined and feel that praying can indeed have a real effect on the physical world then why do you have to wait until a professional footballer has a traumatic experience to express that view ?

I am glad Fabrice is fine I really am, but the fact that someone had a heart attack is not the real story here. Thousands have heart atacks every day and nobody bats an eyelid. On a personal level the interesting side of this story is the peripheral issues, such as the effects events like these have on society has a whole . This is what I chose to comment on and I would do the same again even if this were to happen to someone I actually knew.

If I come across as heartless or insensitve then that truly is not my intention. I just feel that at times like these rationality should be given as much credence especially when rationality is the seed that led to the science that kept that man alive even though irrationality seems to be getting all the plaudits .

I'll try and refrain from posting anymore as this thread should be about Muamba and not the repercussions of Muamba's trauma.

It is Solbakken. He is actually a great coach. I wish Villa took a chance on him, instead of the "premiership experince" they were looking for.

:puke: He's doing worse at the goatshaggers then McLeish is here.

Â