Muamba

irreverentad

Similar to Stale Stolebakken (Cologne coach and ex Wimbledon player) who was announced as clinically dead when he collapsed and made his own miracle recovery.

When you say he made "his own miracle recovery".....

I presume you mean he was saved by very talented doctors as was Muamba.

I hate this notion that its a "miracle" or that "prayers worked" its utter nonesense.

VillaChris never even mentioned anything about prayer. In today's language saying "miracle" doesn't necessarily have to have religious connotations.

I'm fully aware that he didn't and I didn't say he did but thanks for clarifying something I was already aware of. :D

If you actually read what I posted you will notice I said "miracle" or "prayer". It was a general point rather than one specifically limited to his post, I wasn't expecting someone to try and score points off my reply.

As for the definition of miracle yes it can be used in other connotations but in this one given the "pray for Muamba" theme in football and the media and then I think its fair to attribute its meaning to a religious theme.

I don't really see the problem in people saying "pray for Muamba".
I've read back up the thread and can't work out which point your post is actually responding to. I don't see anyone having a problem with 'pray for Muamba'. I think people have a problem with all of the credit for Muamba's survival being attributed to a religious miracle rather than the medical intervention that did save his life.

I didn't say there was one I just find the notion he was saved by divine inspiration or God, or prayer or a miracle a little insulting to those highly skilled professionals that are really the ones responsible for seemingly saving his life.

I've read back up the thread and can't work out which point your post is actually responding to. I don't see anyone having a problem with 'pray for Muamba'. I think people have a problem with all of the credit for Muamba's survival being attributed to a religious miracle rather than the medical intervention that did save his life.

Exactly.

I haven't seen many people attribute Muamab's survival to a religious miracle.

I didn't say there was one I just find the notion he was saved by divine inspiration or God, or prayer or a miracle a little insulting to those highly skilled professionals that are really the ones responsible for seemingly saving his life.

But who's saying that?

Sepp Blatter for one. But I'd need to know how many constitutes 'many' before I make a bigger list :)

Sepp Blatter for one. But I'd need to know how many constitutes 'many' before I make a bigger list :)
As long as they praise the medical staff as well (and many have been) I see no issue. By the looks of it Blatter didn't but it is Blatter after all.

As long as they praise the medical staff as well (and many have been) I see no issue. By the looks of it Blatter didn't but it is Blatter after all.

Fair enough, that is your opinion I just don't agree with it.

Mantis please add the word 'notion' to the list of things you need to Google. :D
Just so long as you add the word 'polite' to your list. :D

Fair enough, that is your opinion I just don't agree with it.

Yes, it is my opinion. I thought that much was obvious. :?

Just wondering, what is it specifically you don't agree with? Surely if people praise the medical staff (as they should) there's absolutely no problem if they bring religion into it as well?

Villatalk amazes me some times. :wow: :wow:

Anyway it would be nice if they could release some more regular information on his progress. Would love to see bolton beat Blackburn tomorrow for him.

Villatalk amazes me some times. :wow: :wow:

Anyway it would be nice if they could release some more regular information on his progress. Would love to see bolton beat Blackburn tomorrow for him.

Well I guess there's not much else to say. He's stable and getting better but still very ill according to Coyle.

As long as they praise the medical staff as well (and many have been) I see no issue.

Disagree. What would it sound like?

1st option : The great medical staff saved him, but they wouldn't have if it wasn't for the almighty one.

This one would downgrade the medical staff's heroics.

2nd option : The great medical staff saved him and no prayers or god references had any effect at all.

Which would make your point moot IMO.

Â