Muamba

irreverentad

I can't copy the link, so sorry for that.

But according to a friend of his, he has spoken a few words in English and french.

Great news.

From a bbc app i have on my phone.

LONDON (AP) — A friend of Fabrice Muamba says the Bolton midfielder's family reports he's started speaking again, two days after going into cardiac arrest during a match.

Curtis Codrington told The Associated Press after talking to Muamba's family Monday that his friend had spoken "minimal words in English and French, which is better than nothing."

yahoo news.

So as goodwill messages come from throughout the football world, all the English football followers looking for news, even teams like R.Madrid making gestures, yet all Michael can think of on twitter:

Not even allowed a lemsip as that, just like most other things, has banned substances in. Strepsils are about as much as we are allowed.

One of the worst things about being a footballer is being ill. I've got a sore throat and a bunged up nose but not allowed anything for it!

Whilst I think it's extremely tragic with whats happened to Muamba, here's a shout for everyone or anyone who's living or passed away through similar occurrences who hasnt got the extremely good medical staff/facility's on hand.

This must happen to a lot of people and it goes completely un-noticed, yet is equally as sad.

Oh i fully agree Pieboy. I was sat there over the weekend thinked about just that. Thinking what **** chance would i have stood if it had happened to me while i was playing football!?

Like you say, its tragic whats happened to Muamba and my heart goes out to him and his family, i hope he makes a fully recovery, but there are many poor folks who it happens to who are not so lucky as to have emergency services on stand-by.

Just goes to show, you just dont know when he's going to come calling and when your times up. :(

This is the stats I read about someone who has a cardiac arrest. Bear in mind they were on the Sun website so could be rubbish.

Figures show just five per cent of people who suffer a sudden cardiac arrest outside of hospital live. This goes up to around 17 per cent if the patient is given defribillation within minutes of the arrest.

But of those who survive around 95 per cent suffer brain damage — caused when the brain is starved of oxygen.

US figures show only three to seven per cent of people who suffer cardiac arrest are able to return to their previous level of functioning.

From the moment he collapsed medics faced a battle to keep his key organs working. Sudden cardiac arrests kill 250 people a day in the UK.

So that is 750 people that have died from the same thing since it happened to Muamba.

So as goodwill messages come from throughout the football world, all the English football followers looking for news, even teams like R.Madrid making gestures, yet all Michael can think of on twitter:

Not even allowed a lemsip as that, just like most other things, has banned substances in. Strepsils are about as much as we are allowed.

One of the worst things about being a footballer is being ill. I've got a sore throat and a bunged up nose but not allowed anything for it!

Michael?

That tweet was from 8:30 yesterday evening. Two days previous to that he tweeted "My thoughts are with Fabrice Muamba" and he also made reference to him on Mothers' Day with a hashtag. AFAIK it's not a requirement that every tweet from sportspeople must refer to Fabrice Muamba :? Your post made it sound like Owen hadn't tweeted about Muamba at all. #ModernDayWitchHunt

Actually, "**** knows" was correct

Obviously.

I guess the question for me would be how many of them 750 would have had medical staff within 100 metres of them? because that has quite obviously given him a massive advantage over many others.

Â