Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

City just bought Kocacic too.

I bet they’d love to offload Philips but no one will touch his new salary I assume.

Yeah, they will probably try to offload him but his England place is safe so he will just sit it out.

17 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Anybody else think they bid for Rice just to bump up what Arsenal had to pay and never had any real interest in signing him

They've got history for it with Alexis Sanchez and I'm sure someone else

It’s crazy that given all the millions and millions of footballers in the world that clubs at the very, very top like Arsenal panic buy for well over the valuation because someone else was interested.

JUST WALK AWAY AND BUY SOMEONE ELSE YOU DICK HEADS.

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s crazy that given all the millions and millions of footballers in the world that clubs at the very, very top like Arsenal panic buy for well over the valuation because someone else was interested.

JUST WALK AWAY AND BUY SOMEONE ELSE YOU DICK HEADS.

Isn't he their main target? Not sure myself but he will definitely strengthen the spine of the team.  

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Isn't he their main target? Not sure myself but he will definitely strengthen the spine of the team.  

If he’s their main target then more fool them for not having options. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ronaldo probably Sancho too

Cucurella last year as well. You can’t really blame them for it- the other clubs are foolish for overpaying for average players 

Every corner of the planet there’s people playing football. There’s thousands and thousands of professionals out there. There really is no excuse for being ripped off for a particular player, especially someone as ordinary as Rice. 

13 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Anybody else think they bid for Rice just to bump up what Arsenal had to pay and never had any real interest in signing him

West Ham were never accepting less than £100m.

46 minutes ago, PaulC said:

That's not like for like. I assume he will replace Partey who was found wanting towards the end of the season 

yeah thats where i am too, he's a different type of holding midfielder from xhaka and to a lesser extent than partey, i dont think he really suits arsenals style of play but then you could say what has 8 years of xhaka and that style of play actually got them?

Â