Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milner 'hurts' more. Not just that it's still more raw but because he's twice the player Barry is and will end up being about ten times the player.

Of course he did. He ended up tripling his wages the money grabbing clearing in the woods.

And most likely considerably increased his chances of playing in the Champion's League and winning major trophies, to be fair. :/

Of course that is true. However, the thing that pisses me off about the little word removed is when he went public in November, stating that "I love playing for Villa. I'm finally settled here as I've been moved around so far in my career. I want to play here for years to come".

Of course he did. He ended up tripling his wages the money grabbing clearing in the woods.

And most likely considerably increased his chances of playing in the Champion's League and winning major trophies, to be fair. :/

Of course that is true. However, the thing that pisses me off about the little word removed is when he went public in November, stating that "I love playing for Villa. I'm finally settled here as I've been moved around so far in my career. I want to play here for years to come".

That's pretty much the exact same situation Spurs had with Keane after winning the Carling Cup. He felt it was his home and wanted to spend the rest of his career with the club. Six months later he was desperate to move too.

Players are only loyal to their clubs until a better offer comes along, it seems.

maybe not, but only because he's anothe home grown player, but id say barry is as far away from CL as he ever has been

another year older, another yard slower, and the summer clear out shows city dont really care about losing cash, so his lucrative move wont bear fruit IMO

as for milner, harder to say as he's a much better prospect, but i would say city dont have any proper grade A signings, if they get CL will they? hard to tell, but milner could easily be benched, same if they dont get CL and mancini gets the bullet, new man new ideas jimmy benched

personally i hope he continues out wide, **** up his england chances, never plays CL, never wins a thing, even better if he has an O'Hara moment at wembley, and in 5 years time admits he made the wrong move all for money, but im not bitter at all

Mercenary! :evil:

Speaking after the Blues' 2-0 win against Timisoara in the Europa League, the former Togo striker stated he is ready to leave the club if an offer comes in for him.

The former Arsenal striker is one of the first dissident voices At City following the club's £100million spending spree over the summer.

Abebayor said: "The season is going to be very long and very difficult for myself. I'm a footballer and have to keep going and not give up. I need to keep fighting for myself and enjoying my football.

"If you're in a team and you're not playing, and there is a team that comes in for me, then I will definitely be on my way out because I'm a footballer and I love playing.

"So if I don't have a chance to play here there will a lot of chance to play somewhere else. If they [Manchester City] force you out then you always have to follow your destiny."

I know it's Talksport but......

Speaking after the Blues' 2-0 win against Timisoara in the Europa League, the former Togo striker stated he is ready to leave the club if an offer comes in for him.

The former Arsenal striker is one of the first dissident voices At City following the club's £100million spending spree over the summer.

Abebayor said: "The season is going to be very long and very difficult for myself. I'm a footballer and have to keep going and not give up. I need to keep fighting for myself and enjoying my football.

"If you're in a team and you're not playing, and there is a team that comes in for me, then I will definitely be on my way out because I'm a footballer and I love playing.

"So if I don't have a chance to play here there will a lot of chance to play somewhere else. If they [Manchester City] force you out then you always have to follow your destiny."

He's a mercenary because he wants to play football rather than sitting on the bench?

he was getting games at arsenal, reaching the later stages of the CL and challenging for the prem until around game 30 every season

yet moved to city to maybe get games and maybe get into the top 4 and reach the CL and maybe in 2/3 years time challenge for the league?

**** joke of a player, try and defend him if you want damocles but you shouldnt cos he's the worst one you've got if i was a city fan id be fuming at those comments, to suggest that he didnt move for the money is as naive a comment as you can get on here IMO

He's a mercenary because he wants to play football rather than sitting on the bench?

Nope. Personally, I think he's a mercenary because he signs a contract to provide his services to a team and as soon as things aren't going quite his way, he angles for a move. If he worked his nuts off instead of just moaning, he'd probably stand a much better chance of playing and if not, he'd have a queue of clubs waiting to take him on. Everyone saw how lazy he was at Arsenal when he wasn't happy and he spent an awful lot of time telling people quite how unhappy he was.

I just think he is a player who shows no class and who runs moaning to the press every time he isn't happy instead of getting his head down and doing the job he's paid for.

Thinking about it though, maybe mercenary was the wrong word. Having seen what happens when people leave Man City, he'll probably know he'll be out of pocket when he leaves (due to the exorbitant wages they pay and their unwillingness to compensate players they move on) so maybe it's not all about the money.

Wouldnt call him a mercenary if he wants to play football. People like Beye and Davies are mercenaries who sit on a bench and get paid extravagant money for nothing

Yeah, as I said above, mercenary maybe isn't the right word. I guess I just don't like the fact that as soon as things aren't going his way, he moans and wants to move on. If he wants to play football instead of collecting splinters, he'd be much better served by putting in a shift and working hard.

I don't think Ade is a mercenary.

I just think, in Man City's world, he is just a bit...

...last season.

I don't think Ade is a mercenary.

I just think, in Man City's world, he is just a bit...

...last season.

exactly, you watch, come next summer there will be bargains everywhere out of that club. Just like Dunne, just like Ireland

Â