Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That's a very serious accusation. Cheating the rules is one thing, but fraud? That would surely result in a criminal investigation.

I think he's got to be careful there with his wording and the context

If our owners were to register a company called NSWE r Us with companies House and did just enough to keep it from being dormant whilst also sponsoring Aston Villa for £50m a year the law would see them as a shell company wouldn't they?

So in terms of criminal law it's not fraud or illegal but in the context of FFP it would be seen as banned so they could be punished within the boundaries of football but not outside them

1 hour ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Yep saw one post saying its clearly an anti-Muslim agenda by rival American owners because hating Muslims is in the American DNA🤣

Yep the same Americans who are keeping them and the Sauds in power the scumbags.

Dickheads.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Ok, after reading some of those emails I’ve changed my mind. I thought absolutely nothing would happen… but now I think Man City will settle for a small deduction of points next season. Say 10 points.

With a punishment this light, it won't deter any other club from doing the same. In fact, it may encourage them. 

• Like 4

What I don't get is if Man City / City Group is accused of providing false financial information, then why aren't they under a criminal investigation for fraud as presumably this means they've also posted falsified accounts to companies house too (presumably the PL reviews the formal set of accounts as part of their FFP due diligence)?

54 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If the Premier League expel them, the Football League won't be under any obligation to let them straight into the Championship, surely they will have to start at the bottom of the pyramid?

I really think that the punishment for this will be unprecedented. This is every bit as bad as the match fixing scandal in Serie A and has been going on for over a decade. 

Would be big for the Championship to have City in it though as they lost a lot of publicity with us, Newcastle and Leeds have gone up

The thing with comparisons to match fixing, they were individual “events” and at the point of the investigation, in the past. So there can be a line drawn in that case.

With City, right now, they are a club built illegally. It would take several years for the current batch of illegally funded contracts to run their course. Then all the investment in the infrastructure, stadium, training facilities, academy, the lot. It’s all tainted. It’s like a sprinter who has been caught taking drugs before the Olympics being allowed to complete because he said he’d stop the drugs. He’s already had the benefit. 

They can’t be allowed to keep going as they are.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Would be big for the Championship to have City in it though as they lost a lot of publicity with us, Newcastle and Leeds have gone up

Not worth the aggro for just 1 season. Let them start again from the bottom.

• Like 2

An indicator of the irrelevant club they were in the years before the takeover... the fans that expect them to be kicked out of the PL are looking forward to avenging the defeat Mansfield have then in the 1998 auto windscreen shield cup 🤣.

Without the takeover, without the illegal funding of their signings, they'd be another yo yo club with nothing in their trophy cabinet since the 70's.

I sincerely hope they throw the book at them. And I also sincerely hope our owners aren't doing anything remotely the same. That includes hopefully backing our of our dodgy arrangement with non existent gambling companies.

Â