Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Doubt many fans are jealous and want their clubs to be anything like that organisation, that's what it is more so then being a football club. They have some good players and some nice passages of play though. 

The manager is a complete ****, most of the players celebrate goals with their team mates and barely acknowledge the crowd. Barely any of them have any affinity with the club or the area. 

I want us to be competing for champions League places and a chance at winning a throphies. The more teams that can take them on the better.

Really hoping Pep leaves when his contract is up, can't stand him but he is a good coach with good players, there's half a chance they may fall back in to the pack when he's gone.

The worst thing is the league has almost become like Scotland and Spain and the others, like any big business where all the money is at the top of the pyramid, a word so openly used now where it was not before, they didn't want us to kno who had all the money but they do not even care anymore.

Insufferable, patronising  bores just like the coach. And the fans have become the same sadly. I suppose that was inevitable, Man U fans were the same but I am enjoying their meltdowns on the radio and such these days. 😁

• Like 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Would be hilarious if he came here.

We would need an unlimited budget and probable won 3 of the last 5 titles then maybe Pep can bring that magic along. Sure if it doesnt work we can throw him 500 million to buy more players because of his budget skills

Will end up at PSG, Dinamo Zagreb or Olympiakos or whoever else has the biggest budget in there league

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We would need an unlimited budget and probable won 3 of the last 5 titles then maybe Pep can bring that magic along. Sure if it doesnt work we can throw him 500 million to buy more players because of his budget skills

Will end up at PSG, Dinamo Zagreb or Olympiakos or whoever else has the biggest budget in there league

Just once, ONCE, I'd like to see one of these hyped upped ******** put something big back into the game by taking on a job in the 4th tier and show us how good you really are.

I cant stand them as a club and Pep is irritatingly smug. But I cant deny the truth of the matter. They have fantastic players and are incredibly well coached. I thought Norwich played as well as I have seen them, yet Man City just picked them apart with calm ruthlessness and could of had a lot more. Scary.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just once, ONCE, I'd like to see one of these hyped upped ******** put something big back into the game by taking on a job in the 4th tier and show us how good you really are.

But why would he? Or should he either for that matter 

When messi's contract ran down at barca he was never going to a club in the 4th tier to prove himself 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But why would he? Or should he either for that matter 

When messi's contract ran down at barca he was never going to a club in the 4th tier to prove himself 

He shouldn't obviously but I just tire of it all now, the arse kissing from commentators and pundits. To me, Eddie Howe (dick too) taking Bournemouth where he did is more impressive then what Pep is doing. 

It will get to the stage as in pre-season friendlies when we play Burton and we score and do not bother celebrating, citeh should be doing this in the prem, where's the joy in scoring the 4th goal against Norwich.

Anyway, just ranting/rambling and I do get and agree with your point V4E.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pep’s an absolutely incredible manager for a team of elite technical players in a world of football where it’s possible to build a Galacticos squad. He might be the best ever at managing the best players. He makes obviously the best side almost untouchable.

He’d be awful if there was any parity in the game.

27 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Pep’s an absolutely incredible manager for a team of elite technical players in a world of football where it’s possible to build a Galacticos squad. He might be the best ever at managing the best players. He makes obviously the best side almost untouchable.

He’d be awful if there was any parity in the game.

Pep is arguably the best at managing egos. This comes with his reputation, (do you know who I am) and ofcourse a billion pounds worth of players helps, as he can rotate if anyone (like Grealish) plays up. This will get you close to 100% out of the players nearly every game. Best coach in world football?  Managing football egos is a huge part of the job now, if you can do that, an you have some of the best players in the world, there is no shock he is winning stuff.

If a manager could get 100% out of Man United's first team, they would be guaranteed top 4.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Pep is arguably the best at managing egos. This comes with his reputation, (do you know who I am) and ofcourse a billion pounds worth of players helps, as he can rotate if anyone (like Grealish) plays up. This will get you close to 100% out of the players nearly every game. Best coach in world football?  Managing football egos is a huge part of the job now, if you can do that, an you have some of the best players in the world, there is no shock he is winning stuff.

If a manager could get 100% out of Man United's first team, they would be guaranteed top 4.

I don’t think he’s good with egos at all- he alienated ibrahimovic and eto’o and ended up selling them while they were at the top of their game. That’s not to say it was the wrong decision. But pep works best with much more reserved characters- all his best players have been that mould: messi (at least when he was younger), iniesta, xavi, lewandowski, lahm, de bruyne. It’s one of the reasons grealish’s lack of success under pep isn’t that surprising- pep prefers managing players who are less up themselves 

Ibrahimovic called him a coward to his face in a dressing-room argument, Pep apparently just left.

He's spent about a billion pounds and yet have everyone ramming it down our throats how good they are, and to have the audacity to say it repeatedly during the commentary when they playing Norwich on Saturday evening. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, it was Norwich FFS! The same Norwich who had them rattled for thirty minutes or so and hit the bar!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Imagine having the mentality to want to intimidate, and film yourself intimidating, someone “because they’re famous” and then hitting their mum.

What a **** society we live in. 

Is the right answer

Forget foden and his mom... **** them dickheads, they're the ones who are in the wrong and need calling out, the filming of it tells you everything you need to know

• Like 4

Â