Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

He's a good manager, he showed that at Villareal and Malaga, just not elite level as don't think his tactics in the biggest matches are that great, look at how he's approached the recent Barca games playing 4-4-2.

The season they won the league they stuck at it but got lucky Liverpool choked after beating them 3-2 at Anfield.

That said they should still win the league cup, could win the FA cup and I have a funny feeling they'll have a good run in the CL.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He's a good manager, he showed that at Villareal and Malaga, just not elite level as don't think his tactics in the biggest matches are that great, look at how he's approached the recent Barca games playing 4-4-2.

The season they won the league they stuck at it but got lucky Liverpool choked after beating them 3-2 at Anfield.

That said they should still win the league cup, could win the FA cup and I have a funny feeling they'll have a good run in the CL.

fair enough I just think he's underachieving because imo Citeh have the best squad in the league by a distance 

It's a squad arguably past their best though.

Mentioned it in the other thread but a spine of Hart-Kompany- Toure-Silva-Aguero is fantastic but most are near or above 30 now and Aguero and Kompany are very injury prone.

It's very similar to Chelsea a few years back with Ballack, Essien Drogba. Kept a few of those a year or two too long and their motivation in the league went. 

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Out of title race. Can only get a maximum of 84 points, title winner will be something like 78 points.

In their state they're not winning 10/12.

Too early to say they are out of it but the last two results have made them outsiders of the 4. Things can quickly change in football though!

City squad really isnt that special Fernando, Mangala, Otamendi, Navas, Sagna, Demichelis, Delph, Toure, Bony are not that great and they have all played a lot of league games between them. plus SIlva having a poor season by his standards

Hart, Kompany, De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Aguero are carrying the rest of the squad and 3 of them missed a lot of games this season

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's just the newbies isn't it, especially who buy the scarfs.

Man. City have always had very loyal support so I find it hard to criticise that side of the club. When they went down to league one in 98/99 think they had an average of 27k that season in a 30k ground.

More than we'll be getting in the championship I'd say.

loyal fans.

Pellegrini isn't poor.

But I think it's hard to argue he shouldn't have done better with the Man City team.

I honestly think Guardiola will show from next season how dominant Man City should be

I think having an inspirational manager (such as Ferguson, Guardiola, Mourinho and Sherwood etc) can bring out the best in players without them having to manage them too much. (They also have the luxury of being at clubs that can afford to bring the best players they want to a certain degree)

I'm sure Pellegrini is a nice guy and it's clear he is a decent coach but does he hold that 'wow factor' in the dressing room?

Not that I feel overly sorry for him, but since Pellegrini took over, the press have continually suggested he'd be sacked at the end of each season and readily published articles on who would take over.

This season, he's obviously tried to get on with his job, whilst his employers have hired someone else to take his job in the summer. Not the greatest feeling, I can imagine.

But it is a 'results game' and with the money he and the club have spent/wasted, they should not be 6 points off the top (and behind the likes of Leicester and Spurs in the title challenge)

Pundits always come out with the 'Man City have the best squad'

They don't. It's pretty poor, ecspecially considering the funds they have spunked on it the best 5 years.

Sagna - God knows how much he is on. A born loser as proven at Arsenal. Well past his best.

Zab - Good player once upon a time. Well past his best.

Kompany - Crock.

Fernando - Utter toilet.

Sterling - No where near elite level. £50m pound player who still doesn't know how to strike a ball properly. No better a player now than he      was 3 years ago.

Nasri - Bottling lady boy who only comes out to player at 4 nil up.

Kolarov - Nice strike on him, was pretty crap when he signed four years ago, He still is, why is he still there.

Clichy - Another player who only comes out to play at 4 nil up. Not a player you would rely on in a crisis. Same player he was at Arsenal, and at 30 isn't going to be getting any better.

Bony - Flat track bully, doesn't have the bottle to play for a top 4 club. £28m was it

Navas - To call him one dimensional would be kind. Only has one trick hit the byline and cross. Problem being...he is one of the shittest crossers of a ball in the league.

Mangala - Utter Clown.

Delph - Average.

Otamendi - Jury well and truly out.

Toure - Fat, lazy clearing in the woods.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

Their fans are on par with another team who wear blue and white and have the word city in their name...

rocket polishers the lot of them... Seriously think they are Gods gift just because they had Thaksin 'Im banned from my own country' Shinawatra bankroll them before they won the Arab billions lottery...

I hope Mansour loses interest and turns them into a Lidls.... Im sick of seeing their fans happy...

I actually have a lot of respect for City Fans.  Not the Johnny come lately types but there are loads more that have been through the ringer with going down to the 3rd division whilst their neighbours won everything.  It's nice that they can lord it over Utd and it's them I hate with a passion!

Pep has a tough job on his hands though as like people have said their squad is average.   I think he will promote some youngsters and add some proper world class players to compliment Aguero.  Will be an interesting watch next season especially if Mourinho takes over Utd.  

• Like 4

Â