Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

wiggyrichard

He's a bit good isnt he!?

Im all for not rushing kids of 17 or 18 who are clearly talented, but every now and again you get someone like Rooney or Chamberlain who are cleary ready both mentally and physically.

Wengar has already said that he will not be rushed and used in every game, but im sorry, i dont see how you can leave someone so talented out of the team when his fit? Wengar should be starting this kid when ever he's available imo. He's not fazed by anything and is built like a brick shit house for an 18 year old.

Should he go to the Euro's?

I'd take him. He is the same age as Michael Owen was in 98 or Wayne Rooney at Euro 2004. He already has high expectations given the size of the fee Arsenal paid for him so let him go, he is certainly good enough. He has played well in both the Premier League and the Champions League in recent weeks, it's not like Theo Walcott in Germany at all.

He rocks up at Arsenal and plays football with no fear regardless of opposition. Arsene needs to protect him because 2 or 3 poor performances and suddenly he goes from being a talented, confident, arrogant young man to being scared to make a 5 yard pass, that is only natural and what makes him so good (beyond the talent) is the freshness and fearlessness he has. Got to go to Euros, even if he doesn't get any game time.

Take him no question. Yes he is young and inexperienced but he has a maturity in his game and it seems in his character that is way beyond his age.

He is certainly good enough and despite the pressure and the moaning from Wenger, I'd take him. In fact the moaning from Wenger alone would make it worthwhile.

Yeah rush him in, it's not like it's failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over again when this has happened before or anything. Besides when everyone says he's overrated and not well rounded enough in a couple of years time we can just throw in the next one.

Yeah rush him in, it's not like it's failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over again when this has happened before or anything. Besides when everyone says he's overrated and not well rounded enough in a couple of years time we can just throw in the next one.

I think that is a very cynical view. And in recent tournaments I can only think of three examples of people in Oxlade-Chamberlain's situation, they were Michael Owen ahead of World Cup 98 (Success), Wayne Rooney ahead of Euro 2004 (Success) and Theo Walcott ahead of World Cup 2006 (Failure) and the Theo Walcott situation was quite different because although he had moved for big money he hadnt played in the Premier League at the point in which the squad was announced. It was actually a selection out of the blue which hardly anyone was calling for.

Yeah, the Theo thing isn't a very good comparison.

IIRC Theo hadn't started for Arsenal and was taken as a striker in place of Defoe. Once Owen was injured, England were left painfully short up front.

I think that is a very cynical view. And in recent tournaments I can only think of three examples of people in Oxlade-Chamberlain's situation, they were Michael Owen ahead of World Cup 98 (Success), Wayne Rooney ahead of Euro 2004 (Success) and Theo Walcott ahead of World Cup 2006 (Failure) and the Theo Walcott situation was quite different because although he had moved for big money he hadnt played in the Premier League at the point in which the squad was announced. It was actually a selection out of the blue which hardly anyone was calling for.

Wise words once again from the new owner of Ibrox.

Â