Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

wiggyrichard

Yeah rush him in, it's not like it's failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over again when this has happened before or anything. Besides when everyone says he's overrated and not well rounded enough in a couple of years time we can just throw in the next one.

I think that is a very cynical view. And in recent tournaments I can only think of three examples of people in Oxlade-Chamberlain's situation, they were Michael Owen ahead of World Cup 98 (Success), Wayne Rooney ahead of Euro 2004 (Success) and Theo Walcott ahead of World Cup 2006 (Failure) and the Theo Walcott situation was quite different because although he had moved for big money he hadnt played in the Premier League at the point in which the squad was announced. It was actually a selection out of the blue which hardly anyone was calling for.

Exactly what i was going to say. Walcott is the only notable failure and no-one was calling for him to be in the squad. To this day i don't know why he was included as I don't think he was ever intended to be used in that tournament.

He is quality but he tends to disappear from time to time.

That really isn't the case. Sure he went quiet in the 2nd half the other night but that was because he was clearly carrying a knock.

Agreed. When he came off they showed what distance he had covered. Effectively, in 60 minutes (15 of which he could hardly run), he had run something like 8.5km. The average for the Arsenal team was something like 7km. :shock:

Hardworking kid tbf.

Â