Things that scared the crap out of you when you were a kid

Ponky

I was aged 7 or 8 at the time, and being taught about St Swithun's day one day in junior school.

That shit haunted me for years until I was about 11/12 but until then I was worried sick for years that if it rained on that day in July, the whole place would be flooded and under water.  😂

• Haha 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was aged 7 or 8 at the time, and being taught about St Swithun's day one day in junior school.

That shit haunted me for years until I was about 11/12 but until then I was worried sick for years that if it rained on that day in July, the whole place would be flooded and under water.  😂

I must have been a far more cynical kid. My mum told me that tale at about the same age, and I just laughed. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Apart from the odd single on the radio, I've never heard this album. 

I was going to press the shocked button but then realised it's you so I questioned whether I really was. kinda like a prog - folk - disco radio play with the guy from Manfred Mann and the guy from the Moody Blues amongst others. As much as it scared me as a kid, it's a great concept album.

14 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

I was going to press the shocked button but then realised it's you so I questioned whether I really was. kinda like a prog - folk - disco radio play with the guy from Manfred Mann and the guy from the Moody Blues amongst others. As much as it scared me as a kid, it's a great concept album.

I never much liked concept albums, 'rock operas', the whole theatrical thing. 

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I never much liked concept albums, 'rock operas', the whole theatrical thing. 

It's not entirely hateful. An important stepping stone towards Jeff Wayne's magnum opus, the theme to TVAM.

Approaching cars at night when I was walking on the rural road my grandparents lived on when I visited them. Something about the dark, quiet stillness of the night being interrupted by a distant car engine that grows louder, and then the white haze cast upon the treetops and then the beams themselves as the car appears and the driver has me in his sights, exposed on the side of the road. Sometimes I would hide behind a tree before they could see me.

When I'd return home, cars and traffic were everywhere, and more perilous, but they didn't bother me at all. Only in the country.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Approaching cars at night when I was walking on the rural road my grandparents lived on when I visited them. Something about the dark, quiet stillness of the night being interrupted by a distant car engine that grows louder, and then the white haze cast upon the treetops and then the beams themselves as the car appears and the driver has me in his sights, exposed on the side of the road. Sometimes I would hide behind a tree before they could see me.

When I'd return home, cars and traffic were everywhere, and more perilous, but they didn't bother me at all. Only in the country.

Slightly related, but this movie had its moments when I was a kid.

gFM9yMrO4fQMiG440Lx6bazB517.jpg

• Sad 1

Â