Things that scared the crap out of you when you were a kid

Ponky

The big things in fraggle rock that used to try and get them when they came out in the garden.

The krankiges used to freak me out. they still do. that whole thing is wrong on so many levels.

The first alien film terrified me as did nightmare on elm street but that was mainly my brothers fault as he used to lock me in the cupboard under the stairs with no light and sing the 1,2 he's coming for you song from the film.

:lol:

Poltergeist definitely.

Also a one-off but

scared the bejesus out of me! Apparently, the BBC were receiving 30,000 calls an hour during it. Good old wiki says:
The BBC was besieged with phone calls from irate and frightened viewers, and British tabloids and other newspapers criticised the BBC the next day for the disturbing nature of some scenes, such as Greene's final scene where she is locked in an under-stairs cupboard with the howling ghost, and Parkinson's eerie possession scene.

and also

18-year-old factory worker Martin Denham, who suffered from learning difficulties and had a mental age of 13, committed suicide five days after the programme aired.

ooh this too

Simons and Silveira published a report in the British Medical Journal in February 1994, describing two cases of Ghostwatch-induced post-traumatic stress disorder in children, both ten-year-old boys. They stated that these were the first reported cases of PTSD caused by a television programme

but what about

The makers of The Blair Witch Project were reported to have seen the film before going on to make their own movie.

Crazy crazy programme.

hocus-pocus-1993.jpg

Had to be brought out of the cinema screaming and crying because I was so afraid. I blame Catholicism

Sarah Jessica Parker would frighten most people.

Also although it was my favourite film, when Stanley Ipkiss turned into the mask I couldn't watch. Had to hide behind a pillow. When Dorian Tyrell put on the mask there was no talking to me. Eventually I found the courage to look at the different changes, but it took about 20 watches before I saw them all.

the films arachnophobia and alien were both watched by an 8 year old me. Both were very bad moves :lol:

Also when I was 12 I read Stephen King's It, and the clown scared the **** out of me so much I threw the book on the fire when I was halfway through.

No closure and I've officially committed a sacriligious offence in the burning of literature. the shame! :(:lol:

Poltergeist definitely.

Also a one-off but

scared the bejesus out of me! Apparently, the BBC were receiving 30,000 calls an hour during it. Good old wiki says:
The BBC was besieged with phone calls from irate and frightened viewers, and British tabloids and other newspapers criticised the BBC the next day for the disturbing nature of some scenes, such as Greene's final scene where she is locked in an under-stairs cupboard with the howling ghost, and Parkinson's eerie possession scene.

and also

18-year-old factory worker Martin Denham, who suffered from learning difficulties and had a mental age of 13, committed suicide five days after the programme aired.

ooh this too

Simons and Silveira published a report in the British Medical Journal in February 1994, describing two cases of Ghostwatch-induced post-traumatic stress disorder in children, both ten-year-old boys. They stated that these were the first reported cases of PTSD caused by a television programme

but what about

The makers of The Blair Witch Project were reported to have seen the film before going on to make their own movie.

Crazy crazy programme.

Ghost Watch scared the holy shite out of me. It was on when I was at university, and me and my mate turned it on when we'd just come in from the pub. By the end it was obvious it was a spoof, but christ we were absolutely shitting ourselves! I bought it when they finally released it on DVD about ten years after, and sadly it hadn't aged very well.

i had nightmares as a 5/6 years old for about a month because of ghost watch.

I take it, it was the one with something under the stairs of a normal family or something..

in the 90s? On halloween?

Â