Things that scared the crap out of you when you were a kid

Ponky

Thinking of when I was just a kid between the ages of around 3-10 I can think of a few things that really scared the shit out of me.

Things on TV, images from books and just general concepts.

Here's a few of mine:

spiders.jpg

I couldn't watch Dr Who after seeing this image.

Fair enough I was only about 5 at the time but it was enough to keep me away from the telly whenever my brother was watching it.

Uncle_Deadly.jpg

I used to watch the Muppet Show religiously but when they introduced this guy it was enough to give me nightmares for weeks.

big-bad-wolf.jpg

When I was about 4 I had recurring nightmares about being eaten alive by wolves. We don't even have wolves in Australia. I blame this guy.

Great thread (genuine).

Before I turn-in for the night, the first things that spring to mind are the film 'The blob', Doctor Who (when I was very young) and some of the 'House of horror' films.

I may return for more...

My parents never saw any harm in letting me watch horror films when I was really young and for the main part they never scared me.

Except for the old an in poltergeist 2 I still get the odd random nightmare about him now

freddy-krueger.jpg

Watched the first one when I was about 9. Tame by today's standards but shit me up at the time.

I had bad dreams about Freddie even before I saw the films!!!! When I eventually watched them, at around 12-13 I found them quite ridiculous and never had a bad dream about it since!!!

Another that freaked me out was Zelda from Terrahawks

puppets-terrahawks-290x400.jpg

Marty Feldman. His eyes scared the crap out of me. Don't know why.

And I remember I got really scared when I saw The oink Panther strikes back.

And it was when I was a kid that I got really scared of mirrors.

Never had any problems with horror films like Poltergeist, though. I'm not a normal person. :)

Â