Drinking alone, is it wrong???

leemond2008

Well that's the thing I don't know I'm doing it but when I settle at the end of the night I get an itemised bill. More often than not there'll be around 15 beers on there.

I bloody hate it when bars do that , you've been in there on a 8 hour session as if i can remember my name yet alone how many beers we drunk ... lot easier to PAYG

Leffe Blond or the dark one ?

Oooh must be blonde. I don't mind brune but it lacks *something*. To my surprise, they sell both in cans in Belgium. Gooooo Belgium.

Now, if you really want something with a bit more kick, may I recommend:

samichlausbeer.jpg

I bought a bottle from beersofeurope.com 2 years ago. It tasted like whiskey! I was prepared to drink probably the world's rarest and strongest beer mind. It is brewed by monks afterall and at least I can say I've done it. £4 a bottle :shock:

I don't like strong beers, I prefer session ales of about 3.8% (in the pub - or a 5% premium lager if proper ale not available).

But if I was doing the "Staying in, drinking alone, listening to the music/watching the films that the missus doesn't like" thing, I wouldn't drink beer anyway.

A large scotch and soda, on the rocks, seems to get into the bloodstream with a faster euphoria rush than anything.

If we go a few goals behind on Saturday and you don't want it to ruin your day, I would recommend 3 very quick pints of Duval, then let events take their natural course

If we go a few goals behind on Saturday and you don't want it to ruin your day, I would recommend 3 very quick pints of Duval, then let events take their natural course
See, that would ruin my day even more. I like to drink when I'm happy, because it makes me even more happy. If I drink when I'm down and angry, it makes me even more down and angry. And then hung over.

3 quick pints of Duvel would go straight to your head. Especially on an empty stomach :) Duvel is a drink to be savoured. Partially because it is so luvverly and partially because it is rocket fuel.

My Belgian beer of choice is White Chimay. Nummynums.

Leffe sends me doolally at the best of times (often only after a few pints). But if you really want to be in laa-laa land after a few pints, this is the ticket:

delirium-tremens-075l.jpg

It has pink elephants all over the bottle, what more do you want (I have that glass :D).

Great stuff, I was in Bruges last weekend and tried this.

Trappist_Rochefort_10_beer.jpg

^That is rocket fuel, on the Belgian front. It tastes like drinking a Christmas pudding.

And a couple of pints of this

oldrosie.jpg

Could run the warp drives on the Enterprise.

oh dear god a few years ago me and me mate had a 13 hour session in the charley hall (started at 10 in the morning) snake biting old rosie and stella (back when we were serious drinkers) must have done over 15 pints of the stuff easy, it was about 11 o'clock before they refused to serve us for being too drunk me mate walked up to classics chipshop and rowed on them because HE dropped his steak and kidley pie on the floor

old rosie is **** evil but that was one of the most fun times ive ever had in a pub

Where do you get it in pints? I've only seen it in 330ml bottles and the last time I had a few of them it didn't end well.

Don't think they sell it in pints

I think in continental Europe they probably do - just like I was surprised that they sold Leffe in pints in certain pubs in Brum.

I had some Italian stuff in Bella Italia in Stafford recently...dark black stuff and 7.2 per cent. **** lovely it was

Leffe_9_MKP.jpg

Those who know, know.

You don't batter this stuff. It is the finest of the six Leffe products I have sampled, and I really like Leffe.

My in-house choice of late though is:

wychwood_hobgoblin.jpg

I like Leffe.

I've not drank in the house and alone for years for but I'll quite happily sit down the pub and have a pint by myself. It's just not for me, mainly because I sit firmly in the "once you pop you can't stop" camp and there's a 24 hour off license about two minutes from my house.

You know those days where its really nice and warm, you've been working hard all day, the AC doesn't work in the car and you're just a little bit sweaty, dry mouthed and ever slighty narked off?

There's no better feeling in the world when you crack the top off that bottled beer you just got out of the fridge...

crisp, wet, goodness, trickling down your throat, with an after taste to cry over...

But nah, don't generally drink on my own, unless i'm feeling sophiscated and fancy a whisky on the rocks 8)

I pretty much always have a bottle of wine on a friday night while catching up with sky+, its my me time.

Apart from that I cannot usually be bothered to drink at home. I have lagers that have been in the fridge for 6mths

Â