Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

Just got the actual accounts at last.

What were the overall wage numbers?

£83.3m, plus £12m termination costs. It doesn't make it clear what the latter includes.

£83.3m, plus £12m termination costs. It doesn't make it clear what the latter includes.

Cheers.

So not much of an increase from the previous year, then? Weren't they around the £80m mark?

What are the big numbers which have caused the increased loss, then?

Risso, just sent you a pm about the accounts.

The numbers seems out of control, and I can understand that Lerner's interest have faded a bit. Maybe he should find a buyer who is ready for some commitment again. I remember saying to the general when MON left, that the easy part now was over and now the ownership of the club would cost. I was not aware of how right that sentence written in anger was.

Cheers.

So not much of an increase from the previous year, then? Weren't they around the £80m mark?

The loss has increased by £16m on last year, of which £12m is the termination payments. Amortisation is up £2m as well, so with the wages up £3.5m, that's your increase.

The loss has increased by £16m on last year, of which £12m is the termination payments. Amortisation is up £2m as well, so with the wages up £3.5m, that's your increase.

Sure. Rather slow today.

So, depending on what that £12m includes (i.e. if it includes McLeish and backroom staff or not), one might understand the reluctance to can the manager (if that were ever likely) and go hunting for another before the year end.

It would be very interesting to know what their target for this year actually is (with regards to losses) and how they think it is going to be achieved (by wage reductions and profits on player trading?).

Is there a breakdown of the 83.3m showing playing staff, coaching staff, medical staff, directors salary etc.?

Is there a breakdown of the 83.3m showing playing staff, coaching staff, medical staff, directors salary etc.?

You can piece it together from the other accounts. Think the players were £73m, directors were £400K (including the highest paid director (presumably Faulkner) at £240K. Going to be out now for the rest of the afternoon, so haven't got time for a full check.

Cheers.

So in a year when we didn't have MON as manager the wages actually went up.

Cheers.

So in a year when we didn't have MON as manager the wages actually went up.

And that was in a year when we got rid of the following players:

Wilfred Bouma

James Milner

Nicky Shorey

Curtis Davies (half the accounting year)

Steven Sidwell (half the accounting year)

John Carew (half the accounting year)

Wow!

I go back to my previous comment. What these accounts show, even allowing for one off items, is the shambolic mismanagement of the clubs affairs. Personally I have lost whatever respect I still had for RL.

He's the Chairman and the owner so the buck stops with him.

What I detect from the accounts is the club has assets totalling over £130,000,000 and RL is owed about £92,000,000 so if we go tits up he can ensure he gets his bit as he is the main and practically the only creditor - having said that I don't really understand all that beancounting gibberish

I found this an excellent read, anyone else have any thoughts on it?

SwissRamble

Very good read and good analysis. I've bookmarked that blog, looks interesting.

Much of what he's spelled out is what most of us already know, but it's still a nicely succinct and unbiased assessment of where Villa are at.

If anything, the article should remind people that Lerner has spent a FORTUNE since he bought the club, and hasn't saddled it with debt like the Glazers. He gave it an honest push to get to the CL promised land, and it didn't work out. Now we are licking our wounds and righting the ship.

I take a strong measure of solace in the fact that Lerner will not burden the club through fiscal mismanagement.

But I do worry about his man management, and how it is presently costing the club.

His biggest mistake besides hiring McGash was blindly handing the shop keys to MON.

MON was a complete IDIOT in regards to some of the useless riff raff he brought in on massive wages.

The fact that Lerner and his flunkies didn't/couldn't understand that the players being bought were not deserving of their wages speaks volumes.

That is the clear deficiency with Lerner. He, Faulkner, and whoever else is making the big decisions up there are not knowledgable enough in the on the pitch aspects of the business, and it's haunting us right now.

Â