Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

If you look at the group as a whole, the parent company is Reform Acquisitions Limited, which then owns Aston Villa Limited. Aston Villa Limited then in turn owns Aston Villa Football Club Limited, and Aston Villa FC Limited.

Aston Villa Football Club Limited seems to have all of the non- football players staff in. Per its accounts, its staff details are as follows:

Total wages, NI and pension costs - £11,022,692, for the following staff (last year's numbers in brackets):

Directors - 2 (2)

Commercial, merchandising and operational - 293 (262)

Maintenance and administration - 105 (102)

Part time match day employees - 1,165 (1,039)

The directors (Faulkner and Russel) earned the following:

Highest paid (assume it's PF) £249,512 (£237,455)

Leaving RR with £164,300.

If the part time match day employees earn say, £7p/h for five hours work on 20 days a year, that's £800K, call it a million. That leaves £9.6m between 398 other full time employees at an average salary of £24K. What on earth are they all doing?

Aston Villa FC Limited employs all the players, management and coaches, and its total wages costs were £72,372,301 for 151 employees (149). That's an average salary of £480K per person, but in reality the vast bulk of the total will be split between 20 or so first team players. Say 25 players at an average salary of £45K per week would give £59m a year, wih the rest on the managers and youth team players.

you can see now why the likes of heskey 63k, bent 80k and ireland 81k need to taken off the wage bill a.s.a.p.

you are right what the **** are all the staff doing. Glasgow Rangers had 150 full time staff and they are a bigger club than aston villa. for us to have 400 more f/t employees does not make any sense to me at all.

No matter how hard I try I like you cannot work out what the **** they are all doing???

45k per week average fot 1st team players is just nowhere near acceptable for a club who can only generate £92m in revenue. I doubt we can generate much more than £92m

I think the club needs reshaping from top to bottom.

I can imagine if we ever went into administration the administrator would take a look and go what the **** is going on here :lol:

Just can't get my head around the full time staff numbers

because you're not supposed to, you have literally no idea of the ins and outs of it so why speculate?

this is such a pointless thread, far too many wannabe accountants

beacuse if you compare the figures to that of Rangers and Tottenham then we are way above the pair of them. We have more full time staff than anybody else but we are not a big club so it makes no sense

because you're not supposed to, you have literally no idea of the ins and outs of it so why speculate?

Why is it pointless? It's the abject nature of the finances that are holding us back, so trying to understand what is going on is surely very important.

beacuse if you compare the figures to that of Rangers and Tottenham then we are way above the pair of them. We have more full time staff than anybody else but we are not a big club so it makes no sense

i'm sure people have mentioned many times that we employ cleaners and match day staff that most other clubs outsource, as well have events staff that other clubs outsource.

as for it being pointless, it is. all it is, is guesswork and jumping to conclusions. if you think you're spotting some massive flaw in the finances that hasn't already been noticed by villas ACTUAL accountants (people who have studied how to judge these figures and have access to all the books, not just the large numbers we see) then you should probably change career.

you really think a club who is penny pinching hasn't noticed these 'problems', and if there really are problems, aren't currently resolving it?

VillaTalk posters should set up their own business, you'd make a **** fortune the way you think you know about finances.

And a fair few actual ones too.

VillaTalk posters should set up their own business, you'd make a **** fortune the way you think you know about finances.

Well, some of us has actually done that.

And why the belief that those in charge of the business of Aston Villa are actually good at being in charge of Aston Villa?

This is like those claiming that the management of a big listed company knows well how to run the business, when you argue the flaws of the company's strategy and business model at a stock forum. They ridicule you for your short position and say "don't you think the management of Norske Skog, a multi billion international company, knows better that the average short Joes" with contempt. And when they finally realized that the management had no clue (as we are starting to realize regarding Aston Villa), they go crazy.

Seen your lot before in a different arena.

Go do one

550 odd full time staff

You don't have to be Alan Sugar to figure that head count is grossly out of proportion

In response to "sellbydates" comment I have to say that a fair number of VT posters have the business acumen to accurately comment on RL's financial performance at AVFC.

I'm no financial expert but I successfully ran a multi million pound budget (public sector) for some years. We were not allowed to run at a deficit, but we were still able to improve performance year on year.

OK, that was pre credit crunch but by maintaining tight fiscal control and obviously keeping Mon "types" away from the financial decision making it was achievable. Having a structured rolling three year plan meant that we avoided unpleasant surprises.

I accept that running AVFC is a much bigger challenge, but the same basic financial principles apply. Financial control and planning appears to have been sadly lacking during Randy's first three years as owner and custodian of AVFC.

Randy has learnt his lesson painfully, and has switched from being apparently hands off, to taking very tight fiscal control. It wasn't an ideal way to begin managing a business, and it almost certainly means that as a result we will remain a medium size club with medium sized aspirations during the rest of RL's stewardship of the Villa.

you really think a club who is penny pinching hasn't noticed these 'problems', and if there really are problems, aren't currently resolving it?

so by that logic, every manager in the world knows exactly what they're doing because they're actually the ones in the jobs. meaning fans should shut up complaining about them

likewise every player in the world knows exactly what they're doing, and they're all great, because they're pros after all. again, meaning fans have no right to complain or question performances?

because that's essentially the logic you're putting across here

I rang to get tickets for Bolton today and was on hold for 10 mins

I almost gave up

We have 550 FT staff and we can't even answer the phones

You make a good point CI. If a high street retailer considered customers so unimportant, they would soon go bust. Sometimes I think football clubs believe that fan loyalty means they don't have to offer decent service. After all, where else are you gonna go to get your ticket, eh!

Â