Financial Figures (year ending in may 2011)

dudevillaisnice

The failure to get into the CL was criminal given the resources made available

Ridiculous statement.

Not really, think of all the times we were in a cracking position,

"If Villa win this they will be 4 points clear of 5th" and the like......

Oh dear bottled it again and again, when it was realised the house of straw was not sufficient he left.

If people don't see it then I can't help that, that's not my problem but that's the good thing about history, it's kind of set in stone.

Yeah a bit like when it was us and Arsenal for 4th.. We made our intentions perfectly by signing Heskey and Arsenal went for Arshavin. Now i know he turned out crap but his first season he was pretty good and that move summed up Villa perfectly at the time.

Ridiculous statement.

Oh dear bottled it again and again, when it was realised the house of straw was not sufficient he left.

If people don't see it then I can't help that, that's not my problem but that's the good thing about history, it's kind of set in stone.

Yeah a bit like when it was us and Arsenal for 4th.. We made our intentions perfectly by signing Heskey and Arsenal went for Arshavin. Now i know he turned out crap but his first season he was pretty good and that move summed up Villa perfectly at the time.

I love the way people assume that we had the funds available to buy an Arseshavin or Bent in that window rather than the cut price Heskey who in fact was still a regular starter in the England side (which DB9 wasn't at the time)?

When I calculate the wages I cant get anywhere near £83.4m and I am sure I am being generous with the salaries of the 1st team squad of 25 players.

I get the 1st team wages up to about £45m and then I cant get £38.4m for a manger,coaches,physios,youth players,directors,matchday staff and admin staff etc

something just doesnt seem to add up to me :?

had a go at this myself and got approximately the same figures

however it's worth remembering that our last figures were from june 2010 to may 2011, so there wouldve been a LOT of high earners in there who we've since moved on

I did factor the high earners, but still struggled as there were some low earners in it to as I based it on a 25 man team and at £45m it means the average wage of the 25 man team was around 35k. while we had big earners there were also kids in that 25 man team I included who would have been on nowhere near 35k.

They still dont seem to add up to £83.4m though. I think somebody is taking the piss. :lol:

Have you added on Employer's National Insurance liabilities? These are on top of wages paid to employees.

Also the club probably pay for medical insurance on top of wages which I would imagine would add on another large chunk.

Ridiculous statement.

I love the way people assume that we had the funds available to buy an Arseshavin or Bent in that window rather than the cut price Heskey who in fact was still a regular starter in the England side (which DB9 wasn't at the time)?

Sorry can't go with you on that, that signing at that time was a fail of EPIC proportions, we would have even been better off pulling out all the stops to bring in someone good on loan. Or signing a young hot prospect, what the hell was Heskey ever going to do for any sort of challenge of any sort. MON and Randy failed miserably on this, they mega screwed the Champions league bid, completely bottled it! :x

Don't we have about 170 full time employees on the books

We have 551 full time employees on the books.

And 1165 part time employees.

The numbers (from the accounts):

Type of employees 2010/11 vs 2009/10

Players, football mngmt and coaches 151 vs 149

Commercial, merchadising and operations: 295 vs 264

Maitenance and admin 105 vs 102

Part time employees on matchday and other events: 1165 vs 1039

Don't we have about 170 full time employees on the books

We have 551 full time employees on the books.

And 1165 part time employees.

The numbers (from the accounts):

Type of employees 2010/11 vs 2009/10

Players, football mngmt and coaches 151 vs 149

Commercial, merchadising and operations: 295 vs 264

Maitenance and admin 105 vs 102

Part time employees on matchday and other events: 1165 vs 1039

Is it me or is that just a piss takingly large amount of staff??? Im sure when it was announced that Rangers were in the shit Im sure it was said they had about 150 full time staff that were non playing staff. We have 400+ ????

Villa also have meeting and conference stuff do they not? That will require extra staff for maintaining, marketing, admin, product, reception. I would exPect that side of avfc to employ a good 20 or so people

Can't remember the exact calculation (I'm sure someone will quickly enlighten me since we seem to have a high level of accountants amongst the Villa faithful :)) but don't you need to add around one third extra to salary for things like NI/pensions/HR costs? I think that might help the figures along towards the £83m. Also, as others have said, we employ vastly more staff than many other PL clubs - there was an interesting discussion a couple of years ago about how we compare with Spurs who have a much smaller payroll.

I asked General K about this once but I don't think he understood the point.

Can't remember the exact calculation (I'm sure someone will quickly enlighten me since we seem to have a high level of accountants amongst the Villa faithful :)) but don't you need to add around one third extra to salary for things like NI/pensions/HR costs? I think that might help the figures along towards the £83m. Also, as others have said, we employ vastly more staff than many other PL clubs - there was an interesting discussion a couple of years ago about how we compare with Spurs who have a much smaller payroll.

I asked General K about this once but I don't think he understood the point.

I think somebody needs to have a good long look at our full time staff numbers.

do you know what the diffence was with spurs payroll???

If you look at the group as a whole, the parent company is Reform Acquisitions Limited, which then owns Aston Villa Limited. Aston Villa Limited then in turn owns Aston Villa Football Club Limited, and Aston Villa FC Limited.

Aston Villa Football Club Limited seems to have all of the non- football players staff in. Per its accounts, its staff details are as follows:

Total wages, NI and pension costs - £11,022,692, for the following staff (last year's numbers in brackets):

Directors - 2 (2)

Commercial, merchandising and operational - 293 (262)

Maintenance and administration - 105 (102)

Part time match day employees - 1,165 (1,039)

The directors (Faulkner and Russel) earned the following:

Highest paid (assume it's PF) £249,512 (£237,455)

Leaving RR with £164,300.

If the part time match day employees earn say, £7p/h for five hours work on 20 days a year, that's £800K, call it a million. That leaves £9.6m between 398 other full time employees at an average salary of £24K. What on earth are they all doing?

Aston Villa FC Limited employs all the players, management and coaches, and its total wages costs were £72,372,301 for 151 employees (149). That's an average salary of £480K per person, but in reality the vast bulk of the total will be split between 20 or so first team players. Say 25 players at an average salary of £45K per week would give £59m a year, wih the rest on the managers and youth team players.

BUT we now employ some of our own staff that in the past were agency staff and cost more but did not show as employees on the books so don't get too embroilled in these figures
Unless things are being managed very badly indeed, agency staff should cost less because no down time (i.e. only employ them exactly when needed) no payroll costs and no long term employment commitments.

Â