England v Holland/Squad annouced

andykeenan

im loving the liverpool fans reaction, parker is shit, gerrard should walk out cos he has been treated disgracefully etc he's been captain before and look at what he did in istanbul the best captains performance ever

gerrard who barely featured in the qualifying stage, didnt play for england in 2011, has hardly played for liverpool this year...

i dont even think he should be starting, same old england, big name straight back in, im really glad he's not captain

im loving the liverpool fans reaction, parker is shit, gerrard should walk out cos he has been treated disgracefully etc he's been captain before and look at what he did in istanbul the best captains performance ever

:crylaugh:

Even by football standards they are unbelievably deluded.

Scott Parker named England captain this evening

Shocking decision by Stuart Pearce.

Gerrard should be captain.

I have to ask why?

What has he ever done in an England jersey?

He's already mooted he'll retire from International football after the Euros so why make him Captain for this friendly.

We should be looking at a Captain for the next few years IMO - Joe Hart would've been a better option than Parker but SP is not a bad shout either.

At least SP hasn't grabbed the headlines for no footballing reasons unlike Mssrs Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney and Cole etc etc

He's a decent enough ambassador and if anything a safe bet to ensure an easy transition for the new manager (Redknob) to take over.

England team

Hart, Richards, Baines Barry Smalling G Cahill, A Young, Parker Welbeck, Gerrard, Adam Johnson Subs

A Cole, Rob Green, P Jones, Lescott, Milner, Walcott, Downing, F Campbell, D Sturridge, S Carson

England team

Hart, Richards, Baines Barry Smalling G Cahill, A Young, Parker Welbeck, Gerrard, Adam Johnson Subs

A Cole, Rob Green, P Jones, Lescott, Milner, Walcott, Downing, F Campbell, D Sturridge, S Carson

Andy, that's probably the most amount of punctuation I've ever seen in one of your posts!!!!!

Not a bad line-up considering the amount of withdrawals.

Still think we'll lose convincingly 0-2

Having a good laugh at the people who think Gerrard should be captain, he shouldn't even be in the team. I've never really understood why people feel having a player who's sole intention is to constantly smash needless 50yard passes around to the benefit of no-one is an essential part of the England setup.

Having a good laugh at the people who think Gerrard should be captain, he shouldn't even be in the team. I've never really understood why people feel having a player who's sole intention is to constantly smash needless 50yard passes around to the benefit of no-one is an essential part of the England setup.

If we take 4 CMs then he shouldn't even be going to the Euros. Barry and Parker are a must, Wilshire was arguably our best player before his injuries and Lampard is simply better than Gerrard.

Scott Parker named England captain this evening

Shocking decision by Stuart Pearce.

Gerrard should be captain.

I have to ask why?

What has he ever done in an England jersey?

He's already mooted he'll retire from International football after the Euros so why make him Captain for this friendly.

We should be looking at a Captain for the next few years IMO - Joe Hart would've been a better option than Parker but SP is not a bad shout either.

At least SP hasn't grabbed the headlines for no footballing reasons unlike Mssrs Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney and Cole etc etc

He's a decent enough ambassador and if anything a safe bet to ensure an easy transition for the new manager (Redknob) to take over.

Over the past 2 years, a much better player than Gerrard as well. Steven Gerrard is a proven failure on the big stage of international football.

Â