England v Holland/Squad annouced

andykeenan

When Kluiver, Seedorf, and Davids were in the Dutch team they got to 3 semis in 4 tournaments (98, 2000 and 2004). Since they left the team arround 2005 ish, they have only got that far of further once (2010). Anyway completely off topic.

I predict a close win for Holland, I dont think the England team is as bad as people think. Some good players in there with a point to prove. Because of Villas poor form this season I am already looking beyond and cant wait for this summers festival in Poland and Ukraine.

since van marwijk took over and without the Surinamese connection(seedorf, davisds adn kluivert) Holland have looked better and stronger

So it was the black players fault? :winkold:

What happened in Euro 2008? I wasnt aware of this bad situation in their camp. But then again thinking about it they were awesome in the group stage beating world cup winners Italy, and world cup runners up France by 3 goal margins. And then against an inferior Russia they just flopped. Was a bit strange.

If I remember Sneijder caught Van Persie with a tackle in training, they had a bit of an arguement, nothing more, nothing less and it was all forgotten about but there is this myth about the Dutch team 'always' falling out with each other that the media like to play on.

Yes, years ago Davids and Seedorf thought that the black players were being held back with in the national team and they caused a rift in the team but apart from that, when have there been problems?

Yes, we've gone to tournaments playing like a bunch of individuals rather than a team and ended up getting beaten, or in some cases 2002, not qualifying for the World Cup because of it but to say it is because the team is always falling out with eachother is a load of rubbish.

The only possible reason I can see for Campbell being in the squad is so Pearce can say 'oh look I will pick players who are on form if I am manager'...

So it's completely impossible that he's just picking a player on form then?

The only possible reason I can see for Campbell being in the squad is so Pearce can say 'oh look I will pick players who are on form if I am manager'...

So it's completely impossible that he's just picking a player on form then?

A player who has been on form for 3 games, yeah that makes sense.

Form is months/half season etc.. you don't pick players based on a couple weeks of football.

Says whom?

I wouldn't have picked him either. But it's hardly the most ridiculous decision in the world.

I just find a bit daft that people shout for players to be picked on form and as soon as a manager does that the same people start shouting that he shouldn't be picked because he's only played well in a few games recently.

according to wiki he got injured august 2010, played 1 game in april 2011 got injured again, came back january 2012 played 2 and half games (1 and half in the cup) and somehow is in good enough form to be called up england, you cant even argue that he was an amazing player before the injury that england should be happy to have back, he scored 4 goals in 31 games before his injury

its a **** joke

according to wiki he got injured august 2010, played 1 game in april 2011 got injured again, came back january 2012 played 2 and half games (1 and half in the cup) and somehow is in good enough form to be called up england, you cant even argue that he was an amazing player before the injury that england should be happy to have back, he scored 4 goals in 31 games before his injury

its a **** joke

100% perfect for the England team then.

If I remember Sneijder caught Van Persie with a tackle in training, they had a bit of an arguement, nothing more, nothing less and it was all forgotten about but there is this myth about the Dutch team 'always' falling out with each other that the media like to play on.

am sure they refused to pass to each other at times and used to have arguments over taking set-pieces. Credit to Van Maarwijk he has turned them into a more solid commited team

Why hasn't Gabby been called up?

Because he plays for us.

Because he plays for the club that has provided more England internationals than any other?

That seems like a long long time ago to me. We aren't in the best of form - to say the least - so unsurprising to me that none of our players have been selected.

Â